DDDRRRRRRRUUNKKKKKKK! once again

Raindawg

I'm in Luxor, Egypt....and I'MMMMMMMMMM Drunk!

Beer...ain't the best...rumor has it that they water the local horses on one side of town and fill the bottles at a stable on the other side...hold the bottle up to the light and you might even see some stray hay!

Who cares....Mahmoud, pour me another one.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cultural realtivism aside, don't we as Americans have a responsibility to observe our host countries sensibilities?

ie, Muslims do not drink and many feel it is a slap in the face if you do?

Just asking.

The "host country" in this case bottles three different kinds of beer and several varieties of wine. Lots of people drink here and aside from Muslims who can choose to do what they like, there is a sizable Christian population (at least 7 million) and loads of tourists who appreciate the beverages.. Sorry I'm not as dumb as you must think I am.

My dad's been in a few countries where drinking is prohibited to the locals. Foreigners can still get a drink without causing problems. All you have to do is get a card on arrival to the country where you state that you are an alcoholic and you have to drink booze.

I hear it isn't too difficult to do, but I'm sure that there are a few countries where even that isn't permitted.

9:00 this morning I was at Harvey Field waiting for the sky to clear so I could do airplane stuff. I was killing time by having breakfast at the airport restaurant. The bartender was late and an irate patron was receiving special handling by waitstaff until the barkeep could show and they could get some drugs down the guy's throat. That's pathetic, 9 on a Sunday morning and you got your back up over alcohol.

Edited by builder206