AerMet picks

Gordon_Warmouth

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I have new tools, I was changing my X-15's back to the alaska picks and noticed the picks I was replacing were slightly different than my stinger picks. (I remember Chris Harmston from BD sent me a few picks once)I think I have some of these! Are they lower profile than the stingers but basically the same? I'm not selling but, inquiring mind wants to know! DPP

They're thinner and made of harder metal (the same stuff they make the tail hooks for planes landing on aircraft carriers or something like that). BD stopped making them because it trashed their machine tools as it was so hard.

Snargs, did you say snargs? Wow, I could add to my collection. Those things are so cooooool!

Actually I was a "snarg" climber and maybe that is why I started leading so much right from the git-go. I couldn't stand following them!! Great to put in, hell to get out! Still, the only leader fall I ever held was when my partner popped on the fifth pitch of the Stairway in Provo. The snarg held fine! Even got a photo of him in mid air another guy took with my camera! A real "action" shot for ice climbing! Sorry to ramble but that word just brought back so many memories. I think I'm gonna keep all my old gear and put in in my museum! DPP