READ ME: FORUM UPGRADE

olyclimber

We just upgraded the forum software, so if you notice something wrong...first blow your cookies. You can expire you cookies by clicking at the bottom of the page on the left where it says "My Cookies". You'll need to log back in.

After that, if you are still experiencing a problem, then PM me. Thanks.

A bunch new features including:

+ability to sort forum via many different ways

+see that thread those online are viewing

+MOODZ sickie

+see your PM quota

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I feel your pain Erik. I understand how it must feel being deprived your rightfully earned title. As a really weird person myself, I have walked a mile in your shoes. It saddens me to report that while for you the custom title modification we made was broken during the upgrade. We'll be working 24X7 to come up with a fix, but in the meantime you're going to have to live with two titles. Bless you, soldier. Carry on.

Hey Porter,

So what's the deal with being logged out when you click "Submit" to post? Happens every time. I click to reply or post a new thread, type the shit in, and then click "Submit" and Voila! The post appears - wunnerful! BUT, in the process of doing this, I am no longer logged in. So I click "Log In" in the upper right corner, and type in my name and password (which, BTW, doesn't auto-complete anymore either), click "Log In", and then I get the message that my username and password are incorrect. Try it again: No joy.

So I close the browser completely, re-open the browser, and Voila! I'm automatically back in the race WITHOUT re-entering name and/or password. WTF is going on? I've expired my cookies so damn many times even the Union Gospel Mission doesn't want them anymore.

Does anyone else miss the way the "Past 24 hours" forum search used to work. I blew my cookies and everything, but now when I log on to check the latest I hit "Past 24 hours" and it returns "no search terms", if I hit it again it comes up, but instead of the nice old list recently active threads, I get a huge long list of recent single posts (ie, a popular thread shows up 47 times, listing each individual post). I have to scroll through 10-20 pages to see what's going on instead of 1-3. :-(

Does anyone else miss the way the "Past 24 hours" forum search used to work. I blew my cookies and everything, but now when I log on to check the latest I hit "Past 24 hours" and it returns "no search terms", if I hit it again it comes up, but instead of the nice old list recently active threads, I get a huge long list of recent single posts (ie, a popular thread shows up 47 times, listing each individual post). I have to scroll through 10-20 pages to see what's going on instead of 1-3. :-(

I'm with you. Is there a way to customize whether we want to view recent threads or recent posts? I tried looking in my preferences, and couldn't find anything, but then, I'm not all that swift at this computer stuff . . .

That problem was answered by porter yesterday, but now I can't find the thread. Do a search within the past 2 days, with "porter" in the username as the author. It should turn up.

I'd do it for you, but as soon as I post this reply, I'm going to dumped out again, and I'm just plain fucking sick and tired of it.

Back to work, sobo! Whoosh! CRACK!

I'm with you. Is there a way to customize whether we want to view recent threads or recent posts? I tried looking in my preferences, and couldn't find anything, but then, I'm not all that swift at this computer stuff . . .

I remember it now.

When you go to the "Past 24 Hours" link, just click on the left side where it says "Active Threads" or "Active Topics" or something like that, and it will switch views to jsut the forums with active threads. You won't see the multiple post replies listed.

You can thank me later, cuz I'm gonna get dumped offline again in 3... 2... 1...

Yes, I feel your pain Erik. I understand how it must feel being deprived your rightfully earned title. As a really weird person myself, I have walked a mile in your shoes. It saddens me to report that while for you the custom title modification we made was broken during the upgrade. We'll be working 24X7 to come up with a fix, but in the meantime you're going to have to live with two titles. Bless you, soldier. Carry on.

Phuk yeah, porter. You're a caring individual.

OK, I'll get rid of the brown streaks. We certainly don't want to offend the delicate sensibilities of certain cc.com posters! We appreciate your fashion sense, and realize that psychic damage done by this offending color will probably set you back several thousand dollars in counseling.

The "getting logged out" issue is more complex. We're working on determining exactly what the issue is, and I may have to make changes to the board that I don't want to do in the middle of the day when you guys are pounding on it. So be patient, we'll figure it out eventually. In the meantime, enjoy progress! If you are experiencing the "log out" issue, please post the following information:

1. What browser you are using (IE, Firefox, Opera, etc)

2. What operating system you're using

3. If you're using a locked down system (i.e. managed system locked down by your IT group)