[TR] "Inkawthia" Peak - Poss 2nd Ascent? - via Charles Creek 10/27/2007

G-spotter

Trip: "Inkawthia" Peak - Poss 2nd Ascent? - via Charles Creek

Date: 10/27/2007

Trip Report:

Jmace, jordop and I climbed this c. 1897m peak NE of the Old Settler on Saturday. weather was overcast but did not rain, bits of blue sky later in the day.

A guy at Lakeside had told me the road was reopened in September and it turned out to be true - washouts regraded and downed trees cut throgh - also, all the gates were open and unlocked. 4wd-hc got us to the last clearcut at 1050m. We followed the fall line up to the ridge crest and thence along ridges to the summit. The peak is composed of very nice granite, although the S and East sides are reasonably steep they are also broken and heathery and maybe not all that impressive for technical climbing (but i'm sure you could eke out a couple of 4-pitch Class 4 lines on a summer afternoon if you felt like it)

We found a survey marker on top and some scattered rocks that may have once been a cairn, say 30 years ago or so.

The views are pretty good, especially across to the Anderson River Peaks and SW to Old Settler and Medissa.

ct4.jpg

ct71.jpg

ct10.jpg

ct15.jpg

ct11.jpg

ctscenery1.jpg

ct6.jpg

ctscenery3.jpg

ctscenery5.jpg

ct12.jpg

ct16.jpg

ct121.jpg