Wanted X15 40 or 45 cm Hammer

wdietsch

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks PSF but these units at Serria Trading Post are of the type produced after the BRS models.

They have aluminum shafts (production cost reduction)and the grips have been known to come "unglued", however it is a decent price for someone looking for a fair technical tool.

Barrabe's of Spain also is selling this model however at a higher price

Thanks,

Wes

David,

BRS is the abbreviation Black Diamond used for "Bonded Rubber Shaft". If your X15 tools have full length rubber on the shafts like the Black Prophets they are "BRS" models.

Are you looking to sell? You mention you have a pair, I am only interested in a hammer either 40 or 45 cm. If you are interested in selling, what length do you have and how much do you want for one hammer?

Wes

Have you checked second-bounce in Fremont? I have seen some there on occasion, and my buddy purchased one there last year for around $100.00.

I have also see some on ebay. They tend to go for $100.00 to $125.00.

I have one that I use as a third tool and on some apline stuff. Sorry, but not interested in parting with it. Good luck.

Wes, since I just bought a pair of Cobras (serious wallet pain!) I was thinking it would be some relief to sell. However I do my fair share of Alpine climbing and I'm thinking of putting my alaska picks back on these and keeping them for such. So I guess until I'm really desperate, I'll hold on. I also have a son so keeping them may be prove beneficial. Just curious to why you seek this tool specifically. My hammer is 45 and my adze is 40. DPP

David,

Your use is much like my own. I own a pair of bent shaft BP's and also a 55cm X15 adze which has been my alpine weapon for years and also serves as my third tool when needed. Love it, use it with the Alaska pick as well, great alpine setup.

I want a smaller compact third tool, one that will also serve as a second on alpine climbs.

I don't care for the later model X15's with the aliuminum shafts.

I also have two sons with potential future interest in climbing.

Keep me in m,ind if you decide to sell.

Thanks,

Wes

Paul,

Which model do you have, the original or the BRS? For $70 does this include a pick and if so which one?

For all you dudes out their that have older "Zero X" tools, BD has picks for these units at the company store in Salt Lake, just happen to be their today on business. And they do not have any of the old style X-15's.

To the post by Rodchester regarding "generation", true the Zero X was first, however the "mechanism" for attaching the picks was/is different, it does not use the "V" notch.

Thanks,

Wes

Correct..the original "X-Tool" has a different pick than all of the later models: X-15, Prophets, Cobras, shrikes.

Old "X-Tool" picks slid in from top or bottom and then were locked into place by a screw. The newer picks attach by sliding in from the front and then locked into place by a screw.

If anyone has an old "X" tool you can still get the picks from REI on-line for about $7.00.

------------------

Have a nice day.

Wes I have the BSR, and it has a pick, but i'm not sure witch one, it is recruve tho.(sorry about spelling)No leash.

My son is 15 and has started iceclimbing with me and he would be happy to see it go.

He wants new tools, something with bent shaft. Can't says I blame him. His knuckes get bashed. Let me know.

Paul

Paul,

Lets make a deal. I will email you with my address and particulars on how you wish to recive payments (check, money order....)

Thanks,

Wes

PS

To anyone out there reading this thread, I also have a first generation 55cm Lowe Hummingbird I wish to part with. It is in decent shape (no falls). It has the half length rubber grip which has a chunk a little bigger than a quarter torn out. It would come with the alpine adze, tubular adze, alpine pick tubular pick, three mounting screw for the adzes and one for the picks. $50 for the whole lot