Help This Young Man....

JayB

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just shocked and stunned by this poor child’s ranting.

My advice for the poor bastard is the, go get a job in a cannery in Alaska. Work yourself sick on 18+ hour shifts. Bath yourself in fish blood and guts. Free room and board with no place to spend it, and do that for a few year and you will pay off your loans.

Then go find a job using your candy ass degree in history.

In other word URASAI BAKA!

The kid could have attended a state university for about 1/6th the price tag (tuition). His choice. Of course that would have meant the truck drivers and janitors of his home state - who may never have had a shot at college themselves - being compelled to pay for this punk's degree via forced taxation.

KK - I like your positions on most things, but the whole B.S.-superior-to-B.A. thing is a bit off. The students that each discipline produces compliment each other and are a big part of what makes a society great. The little brat's History Degree isn't necessarily a cop-out at all. If he has a passion for what he learned he can apply it as a teacher. If not, just having a completed degree opens a hell of a lot of doors. And the knowledge itself has value too! But I agree, there is absolutely NO reason this little shithead can't work and initiate a payment plan to resolve his debts.

KK - I like your positions on most things, but the whole B.S.-superior-to-B.A. thing is a bit off. The students that each discipline produces compliment each other and are a big part of what makes a society great. The little brat's History Degree isn't necessarily a cop-out at all. If he has a passion for what he learned he can apply it as a teacher. If not, just having a completed degree opens a hell of a lot of doors. And the knowledge itself has value too! But I agree, there is absolutely NO reason this little shithead can't work and initiate a payment plan to resolve his debts.

If you expect to have a job right after college in the area you studied, you need a BS in CS, a hard science, and a few other disciplines, or you need to be a go-getter that learns a skill/trade on your own or on the side. Another option is to take your undergrad education and get a higher degree - ph.D to move into research or academia, law degree, MD, dentistry, etc.

If you want a good job with a history degree by itself, good luck. I'm much more in favor of people double-majoring, or minoring in history, but if you major in a field like that, be prepared to have a rough shock to the real world where you get out or have a plan that extends beyond your undergrad years.

If you expect to have a job right after college in the area you studied, you need a BS in CS, a hard science, and a few other disciplines, or you need to be a go-getter that learns a skill/trade on your own or on the side. Another option is to take your undergrad education and get a higher degree - ph.D to move into research or academia, law degree, MD, dentistry, etc.

I think you'll find that most business degree grads have very little trouble finding jobs right out of school.

I think you'll find that most business degree grads have very little trouble finding jobs right out of school.

Well, the problem with this guy is that he doesn't like the jobs he has available to them - that it is beneath him to do something which actually warrants a salary. I'm sure a business degree would earn him the same type of "9-5", "sell-out" job of "contemporary America" which pays his loans off too slowly, and will not let him live a lifestyle worthy of the "brilliance" that he brags about.

I had a rude awakening myself, but it occurred between the ages of 12-16. I remember it being kind of a shock that no one cared about how I was feeling, what kind of a day I was having, or what I'd rather be doing - all that they wanted was for me to STFU and get the job done, end of story.

Come on, kid! This is America! Recently at a party I ran into an old jr. high buddy. He used to be kind of a rascal and a lot of fun to get in trouble with...eventually he dropped out of high school. Since then, he worked hard, saved his money, bought a couple of low-budget rentals and is now a slum lord. He lives in a big house on a lake, drinks fancy booze and has a very young, busty knock-out hanging all over him. I'm pretty sure she's legal....maybe she owes him rent?

If he can figure it out, certainly Mr. History-Major-from-a-Fancy-College is smart enough.