Best U.S. Climbing Towns

layton

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical colo-retard. Missed the point of my comparison. The mountains of Colorado are nice, cool, if slightly overrated in some respects. It's just that everything in the Front Range is interchangeable suckitude. Just one tract subdivision after another tract subdivision. Much like Southern California, except with shittier weather. Like Southern California there's proximity to cool stuff, but the actual places people live suck ass.Now, start talking mountain towns in CO I might say something different.

Since I mostly ski nowadays I'll take the PNW ski season and ski terrain over CO anyday of the year. You can get 30 days BC skiing between July and October out here :wave:

It's just that everything in the Front Range is interchangeable suckitude. Just one tract subdivision after another tract subdivision.

As a broad generalization, that may be true. But, I live east of the "Front Range", west of I-25, and your statement doesn't hold true for my situation. People can choose tract-subdivision-living or, as in my case, semi-remote, private, forested land in beautiful canyons.

It may be a choice balancing convenience.

I'm curious about flagstaff. I looked at schools there back in the day, and I do remember it being absolutely beautiful. I reminds me of bellingham and missoula...both great great towns to live in and close to climbing....but job-wise, it's pretty bleak.

Mike- a place like Flagstaff should be no problem for someone in a health care profession. I imagine you could probably build a good practice there. I understand that a lot of retirees are moving there as a summer home from Phoenix and Tuscon as opposed to migrating back north where they were originally from.