Monogamy?

rob

My fifth grade teachers were intimidated by me. I wouldn't say they "hated" me, but they didn't like me for keeping them on their toes.

My fifth grade teacher was a proctor for an achievement test I took in my junior year of high school. I hadn't seen him in 6 years. When he saw me walk in, he said something to the effect, "oh, you made it this far". In my mind I thought, "WTF, a-hole, I'll make more of my life than you."

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that "letting yourself go" after you close the deal is a sign that you take your other half for granted, which is something that borders on contempt IMO.

i have a climbing buddy of mine who eventually got divorced for this very reason. his wife was thin and trim long enough to get him sucked in then went off the diet pills (that he didn't know she was on) and ballooned. he stuck it out with her for years, but it was a source of friction - 'you should love me for who I am', and no effort to get in shape. eventually they split.

I think that "letting yourself go" after you close the deal is a sign that you take your other half for granted, which is something that borders on contempt IMO.

i have a climbing buddy of mine who eventually got divorced for this very reason. his wife was thin and trim long enough to get him sucked in then went off the diet pills (that he didn't know she was on) and ballooned. he stuck it out with her for years, but it was a source of friction - 'you should love me for who I am', and no effort to get in shape. eventually they split.

I think the same rule applies to emotional stuff as well. Assume that you no longer have to put any effort into the way you treat the other half and you're essentially doing the same thing.

hee hee.

The other thing I've noticed is that people in general and children in specific have an amazing ability to adjust and thrive under a wide variety of circumstances.

that's funny, the thing I've noticed is how people who are majorly fucked up can trace it right back to something that happened to them in childhood.

Not particularly an either/or premise. Hell just about everything can be traced back to childhood, both good, bad, or indifferent.

an interesting tid bit came out earlier this year talking to my dad about school reform and some of the research he evaluated during his EDD....

He was saying that the best predictor of what will happen to a child (will they fundamentally be ok, or fundamentally screwed up) was the opinion of they're 5th grade teacher, with a correlation of 90% or better :noway: Kind of a scary when you think about it .....

YIKES!!!!!\

My 5th grade teacher had an affair with my mother.

Somebody just shoot me.

The outrage ought to be slightly tempered though...

We all take crap from our other halves from time to time, and part of love is letting the other one do their thing and still loving them. Life isn't always fair, happy, etc. Dumping someone because they're selfish is also an act of selfishness.

I always knew that I was completely selfish, and that's why I never married in the first place. I knew I couldn't be trusted, so I didn't bother with long-term commitments, other than to MYSELF. God I love me. -I love me too.

;)

it's usually a sign the person cares more about his/herself than the other, assuming it's not biological (very few people have an excuse, and they're not likely to ever be thin in the first place)

who cares more about him/herself? the one who goes fat, or the one who gets pissed about the partner going fat???

Hey.

I thought you were through with this thread because we don't suck up everything you say. Or do you really love us?

Hey.

I thought you were through with this thread because we don't suck up everything you say. Or do you really love us?

i'm through with the gay/hetero - who raises kids better slant

Yeah. OK.

I didn't think I was feelin the love.....

Hey.

i'm through with the gay/hetero - who raises kids better slant

Yeah. OK.

I didn't think I was feelin the love.....

sorry, no love, umm LUV, for you. I'm monogamous. Talk to V7 if you are looking for some extra "attention"

Kids who get their parents' attention in positive ways are going to do better then kids who don't.

No mystery there.

Kids who feel like they fit in tend to behave better.

Kids are resiliant but there are limits.

Gay aprents can do a great job but they are starting from a deficit due to the prejidice of society.