What do you do for a living?

hefeweizen

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to work in an airless, windowless bunker. I got depressed and sometimes cried.

Now I'm out touring the city every day. I hardly ever answer calls from supervisors in another city. I haven't seen my boss in a month. When I did, she was buying my lunch at PF Changs. I talk to people, and report on stuff, and make up a lot of stories. The pay is crap, but the hours suck.

tree work

Tree work eh? If you're not a certified arborist or work under the supervision of one then you're a tree butcher. Good to here you've got other things going on.

Take the elitist shit and cram it up your ass, Feck.

BTW, It is spelled "hear"

Yes my spelling sucks at times, but things could be worse; I could be a professional butt plunger like you.

So Mark this is the that you are going to pass on a climbing trip for? Damn man. :crazy:

• 2 months later...

bump

More directed to those of you in the corporate world but any relevant input is appreciated...

Does your company have an HR policy regarding tattoos? If so what is it?

- 100% allowed?

- Allowed if "tasteful"?

- Must be covered at all times?

- If it cannot be covered (i.e. hands, neck, etc) what is acceptable (i.e. tattooed wedding band) and what isn't ("STFU n00b" on the knuckles)?

- Must be covered when dealing with clients?

- You must have a tattoo to work for your company?

- etc etc?

*BONUS* If one of the responsibilities of your position is hiring (please note if this is an individual responsibility or shared decision) does your company and/or you have a stance on tattoos visible during the interview *or* after you extend the position and the suit and tie come off you find the applicant was covering tattoos on their forearms, etc etc

TIA for good input

I am in the booming industry of pizza delivery. Its an exciting career with overtones of extreme personal danger and the cash flow to justify it. Every day is a new adventure.

I delivered the Za in Park City UT for quite a few years. It was the perfect ski bum job. Ski all day, then go in and make your $100-150 in tips during the dinner rush and be at the bar by 10:30ish. Park City is one of the better tipping areas for sure though. Lots of fun too. I kept asking my boss how many years I had to work there before I got the big red shoes and clown nose to match the rest of the uniform.

Now I'm in sales - Real Estate, so I have plenty of time to spend on cc.com as it is really slow right now.

John, I run a construction company, but as we pretty much only do remodel work, the crew is in close contact with the clients every day. I don't have a problem with tattoos, and none of my clients have so far either. I did have one guy with a full sleeve, a number of clients thought he was pretty cute.

I have a standing offer to pay for my 16 year old daughter's first tattoo, but there is a catch. It has to be the word FUCK tattooed on her forehead.

BTW, I was considering a wedding ring tattoo for myself, since I lost mine in some glove removal incident out skiing, and between climbing, power tools, and an aversion to avulsions, a metal band doesn't really suit my lifestyle. Research suggested that it wouldn't be that great a tattoo: hard to get much detail in that location and not really enough tissue to hold the ink, as well as significant wearing away from physical labor.

...I have a standing offer to pay for my 16 year old daughter's first tattoo, but there is a catch. It has to be the word FUCK tattooed on her forehead...

That's classic! :laf:

I'm going to have to remember that when my kids "come of age" and start asking about getting a tat.