What do you do for a living?

hefeweizen

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tree work

Tree work eh? If you're not a certified arborist or work under the supervision of one then you're a tree butcher. Good to here you've got other things going on.

Take the elitist shit and cram it up your ass, Feck.

BTW, It is spelled "hear"

Spoken like a "guy with a truck" Get a license, dirtbag! :lmao:

re. hard sciences and climbing:

Some of what I see is that generally we're up for challenges. Climbing presents pretty extreme challenges (as extreme as you want them to be) in a variety of different areas... A potpourri of challenge if you will... Climbing can necessitate physical endurance as well as strength and mental toughness combined with the necessity to solve problems on the fly and some times instantly.

Another aspect is related to the problem solving. Physics and engineering are all over in climbing from how your clothing system works to how your hardware works. Plus, getting up a climb can at times be like an engineering problem.

Well, that's about enough of that because I also don't want to neglect the emotional/spiritual side of climbing which is very significant to everyone who ventures into the hills...But this thread is about work.

Civil engineer, until I clicked on rmncwrtr's heidifleis linky.

"You have attempted to access a restricted site. A notification has been sent to your supervisor."

Now I'm just waiting for the boom to fall... :rolleyes:

oh i get those all of the time...my supe has given up rippin on me...

i told him, "hey, fire me if you want"...

Civil engineer, until I clicked on rmncwrtr's heidifleis linky.

"You have attempted to access a restricted site. A notification has been sent to your supervisor."

Now I'm just waiting for the boom to fall... :rolleyes:

oh i get those all of the time...my supe has given up rippin on me...

i told him, "hey, fire me if you want"...

So Rudy, with stats like that, what exactly *is* your pr0n surf:work ratio anyway? :laf:

I am in the booming industry of pizza delivery. Its an exciting career with overtones of extreme personal danger and the cash flow to justify it. Every day is a new adventure.

:lmao:

Too funny!

I have a zillion jobs, most which are seasonal:

1. Bartend

2. Work at an outdoor gear shop/program and teach women's clinics

3. Ropes Course facilitator

4. Work in the public school system

5. Contract work - corporate teambuilding, outdoor ed, climbing stuff, etc

6. Take care of my cat

7. Look for more work

I work for a agricultural service/supply company doig fieldwork on the federal projects they get. Herbicide application. Now before you tear into the "H" word, herbicides have come a long way since agent orange. Luckily, I dont ever have to touch the stuff. I just tell the pilots where to go and collect money from the feds.