Pasta

i_like_sun

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my favorite dry is from pappardelles pasta (pike place market); my favorite wet is from pasta & co. (university village). but i like all kinds of pasta ... including gnocchi and stuffed pastas. what i put on it usually depends on the type of pasta and what i've got in the house - i love sauces, but i'll eat it plain if i have to! sorry; not very specific ... but i have rather eclectic taste in pasta.

i forgot to mention that i'm actually eating pasta right now. some kind of "chicken quesadilla" flavored deal - to which i added a bunch of corn and tapatio. if only i had ground beef in the house! (this is a new flavor i decided to try since it was on sale and i was feeling lazy - i actually put it back twice before finally deciding to get it, though.)

I used to be a cook at a pizza & pasta place and got to make whatever I wanted for myself, so I did a lot of experimenting. The best had a mix of pesto and alfredo sauce sauteed with green and red peppers, pepperoncinis, olives, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, garlic, pineapple (strange but key ingredient), sausage, lamb, and 4 kinds of cheese, with cheese tortellini as the pasta. I stayed with the job a lot longer than I might have because I was addicted to the stuff.

I was in Squamish for a couple weeks in June and we ate spaghetti mixed with rice, cheese, and hot sauce almost every day for breakfast and dinner. Cheap and tasty, but I think my climbing suffered from lack of other foods.

grilled chicken that's been pulled apart with forks, lightly sauteed, then diced,

:noway:

:tdown::anger: :anger: :anger:

Try veggie pasta, buddy. Much healthier.

No silly, I don't sautee and dice the chicken. That's what I do to the mushrooms. For the chicken I slice it into about half inch strips, grill it on high heat, for about 6 minutes, and then shred the strips by pulling them apart with two forks. That way it absorbs the pesto better.

I make my own pasta, it is much better than what I can get around here. My favorites are herbed linguni, plain angel hair and ravioli (which happens to be on tonights menu).

As for a topping basic red sauce, pesto or marinera (tonight it will be marinera). Left over pasta like linguni, spagetti and angel hair, is tasty just fried up in a pan with butter, parma, and fresh cracked pepper.

I make my own pasta, it is much better than what I can get around here. My favorites are herbed linguni, plain angel hair and ravioli (which happens to be on tonights menu).

As for a topping basic red sauce, pesto or marinera (tonight it will be marinera). Left over pasta like linguni, spagetti and angel hair, is tasty just fried up in a pan with butter, parma, and fresh cracked pepper.

Homemade pasta is where it's at. :tup:

I like making homemade peroghi's, stuffed with a little potato, cheese, and onion. They freeze well, too, so you get to enjoy the fruits of your labor for a long time to come.