beacon sunday

ivan

hey, it'll only be kinda really damp - oughta be super-fun anyhow though! lap up the se corner? maybe the steep stuff will be vaugely dry? hell, aid climbing if nothing else! sharpen your alpine-adverse-condition-climb'n-skillz to a keen edge!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dan - i'm sure it'll be stupid wet, but hey, it's the pacific northwest baby! sounds like more than a few folks will be out there - i'll be there round 9 w/ my friend mike - likely go up the corner, then lower down to do the upper pitches of flying swallow, then whatever tomfoolery seems right afterwards - if you can't find anyone else needing a second on the ground, bring a rope and you can tag along...

Tomorrow's the day weatherwise - hopefully one of you lucky bastards can take advantage of it. I'm stuck until Wed. at the earliest but by then we lose ten degrees for the duration...

i'd trade the temp for the dryness! felt like climbing a vertical frozen sidewalk on sunday.

you guys are optimistic - think it's going to be dry enough?

Yes. It is always dry enough for the corner. Good thing about Beacon.....it is in the gorge and its windy in the gorge....so it dries quicker. That is my experience.

i wouldnt' imply from that though that the corner is always dry - it was damn sodden on sunday, kinda like climbing a waterfall if the tap had just been turned off on it - it's an easy enough climb though that it can be managed in just about any conditions

you guys are optimistic - think it's going to be dry enough?

Yes. It is always dry enough for the corner. Good thing about Beacon.....it is in the gorge and its windy in the gorge....so it dries quicker. That is my experience.

i wouldnt' imply from that though that the corner is always dry - it was damn sodden on sunday, kinda like climbing a waterfall if the tap had just been turned off on it - it's an easy enough climb though that it can be managed in just about any conditions

I guess "dry enough" is subjective....eh?

fun day today! man, got my ass whaled on by the 2nd pitch of wrong gull - took all the big boy cams to feel like a real hard-man, but shit it takes more than that :) what a strange feature - detached dish lipped free standing pillar - needed a damn near 9 inch piece? all funky beyond the lip, nothing to lie back on - was worried shitless i was going to grotescly dislocate myself if i fell - it was wider than my goddamn foot is long! whaaaaa! enjoyed the 1,2,3 - jump! experience. well, at least you can escape left into a crack, much cleaner now!

breezy 2day - next time i go to beacon i need to bring a damn kite :P