Bellingham

John Frieh

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you like peanut butter burgers check out the Malt Shop downtown, no beer though. Otherwise I would say Boundary Bay which is just down the street. Personally I think you are much better off hitting one of the kick ass teriyaki places or Bandito's Burritos.

I wasn't much of a breakfast out guy so I think the only place I went out to eat in the morning while I lived there was IHOP. So not much help there.

Breakfast: Old Town Cafe (on Holly), Little Cheerful (Holly & Railroad). Or.. grab a Great Harvest cinnimon roll and a cup of coffee.

Lunch: Bandito's Burrito's (on Holly), LaFiamma Woodfire Pizze (Chestnut & Railroad), La Vien Rose (on Holly) or Avenue Bread (Railroad) for baked goods/sandwiches, etc.

Dinner: Pepper Sisters (State street) is excellent, though their southwestern style food is a bit of an acquired taste. Lot's of good cheap Thai places: On Rice, Busara, etc. DeAnna's (on State) has very good Italian, though it's not cheap with entrees running about $12+

Harris Street Cafe in Fairhaven (corner of 11th and Harris) is a great breakfast spot.

In downtown B'ham along Railroad the Old Town Cafe is popular with granola eater's. The Little Cheerful on the corner of Railroad draws a crowd as well. There's always the Bagelry when you don't feel like waiting for a table.

Burgers and Beer = Boundary Bay

Tequila + Burritos = Casa que Pasa both on Railroad

La Fiamma has amazing pizza bit more family oriented though

Best place(s) to grab a :brew: and a :chebit:?

Don't be a loser, eat at Winn's. $3.50 for a deluxe w/ fries. Hop up to Red Apple (AKA Fairhaven Grocery) and grab a six pack.

How about breakfast?

Old Town for a nice relaxed eat (at least on weekdays!) and Dimond Jims otherwise.

Note: Boundry Bay has great food, but their beer selection is limited (no light beers) and makes you fart alot.

Note: Boundry Bay has great food, but their beer selection is limited (no light beers) and makes you fart alot.

I have not had that experience with their beer... maybe it depends how much you drink of it.

My vote for breakfast is Old Town Cafe as well. Little Cheerful is good, but I think their hash browns are tasteless and dry. Everything else is good there.

You can't beat a Casa Que Pasa potato burrito!

Breakfast: Old Town Cafe (on Holly), Little Cheerful (Holly & Railroad). Or.. grab a Great Harvest cinnimon roll and a cup of coffee.

Lunch: Bandito's Burrito's (on Holly), LaFiamma Woodfire Pizze (Chestnut & Railroad), La Vien Rose (on Holly) or Avenue Bread (Railroad) for baked goods/sandwiches, etc.

Dinner: Pepper Sisters (State street) is excellent, though their southwestern style food is a bit of an acquired taste. Lot's of good cheap Thai places: On Rice, Busara, etc. DeAnna's (on State) has very good Italian, though it's not cheap with entrees running about $12+

It is still increadible to me how many Western students have NEVER eaten in Fairhaven or downtown. I know a guy who is a senior, and his favorite lunch grub is the new Taco Time on Lakeway..............DOOOSH BAG!

This is all nice, but what about

Taco Trucks

No doubt. Too many hamsters fluff Pepper Sisters but turn their noses up to good mexican.

My favorite taco truck ever used to park way out on the Guide. That shiznit was the best, especially la salsa verde muy caliente.

Diamond Jim's 2,2,2 platter (on state street and ohio) for breakfast.

Boundary Bay on Railroadif you like really strong beers that have high headache potential after more than one is consumed.

Casa Que Pasa on Railroad gets my vote for best cheap eats and booze.

For late night, the Russian Dumpling place across from the bars on State St.

I never found a good place to grab an early breakfast or goodies on the way out of town there.

I second the Russian dumpling outfit. For late night, drunken, friendly and confusing atmosphere that makes you feel like you are in another country. Plus, they have a big collection of records to play.

This is all nice, but what about

Taco Trucks

No doubt. Too many hamsters fluff Pepper Sisters but turn their noses up to good mexican.

My favorite taco truck ever used to park way out on the Guide. That shiznit was the best, especially la salsa verde muy caliente.

No doubt. Some of the best mexican food I've had in the recent past comes from trucks parked at a gas stations around Seattle. I've also found some great trucks down towards Smith, and a few other places. If I remember right there's a good one on the side of I-5 at the exit for HWY 20 right next to a McDonalds. I'd love to hear about the good ones in the Ham.

Taco Time. :tdown: and you can keep your fancy mexican restaurants with the high prices too.

I just found a new one today down near Stone Gardens.