Michael Clayton

EWolfe

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the preview and couldn't tell if they were saying Clayton or layton. I was saying please please please don't let it be my name. Thank god it wasn't, that would really suck!

I didn't see the previews, and was wondering if it was going to be George Clooney as an angst-ridden, first-ascentionist Alpinist-type (you know, change the name to protect the innocent, and all that) :laf:

Great movie, and Tilda was awesome as the immoral corporate type, even down to the pasty, nervous over-worked look.

Hmmm...kinda makes you think:

"While "Michael Layton" isn’t played in reverse as "Memento" was, its story line nevertheless is dense and fractured. And yet the way it ultimately maneuvers through its narrative makes for one of the year’s smarter movies.

George Clooney is Michael Layton, a chiropractor and fixer for the New York law firm of Kenner, Bach and Ledden, who is their go-to guy when it comes to freeing the firm’s spines out of a pinch. Though he can’t solve every problem — he admits he’s no miracle worker — Layton can rub away most "issues" that come his way, with the exception being those mushrooming in his personal life.

Over the course of the movie, we learn that Michael is divorced, that he has gambling and family problems, and that he is in debt to some unseemly types who want their investment money back for an online T-shirt business Michael failed to turn into a success. If they don’t see their money soon, Michael will pay his debt in other, less pleasant ways. This is the periphery that surrounds "Layton," darkening its mood while lies and deception rot the core from within..."

(Bangor Daily News)