[TR] Wrangell Saint Ellas NP - Tana Glacier 8/29/2007

Animal

Trip: Wrangell Saint Ellas NP - Tana Glacier

Date: 8/29/2007

Trip Report:

Well this is a little late, bit George and I drove up to Alaska this summer to do some glacier crossing. We chose the Tana Glacier. It took us basically three days to go from Iceberg Lake to Ross Green Lake. Below are a few of the photos that I had that were under 1.2 MB in size. Somehow you can not upload larger pictures, and I am too cheep to purchase software to reduce my file size.

Wrangell Air end up betting us beers :brew: that we would not make it across, the entire time we could swear there were hop fields growing on the opposite side of the glacier, so we knew there were beers in our future. Well we made it, but somehow we ended up supplying out own beer! :crazy:

Below we already crossed the first arm of the Tana Glacier, and we are on our way to the more sporting Main ice river of the glacier. IMG_2358.JPG

Here is a picture of George ready to have 14 hours of fun, finding the route across the two mile wide glacier.

Tana_glacier.jpg

Here is a great picture of the Glacier we crossed from a spectacular vantage point.

IMG_2489.JPG

Wow, check out the silty water!

IMG_2332.JPG

Gear Notes:

4 ice screws

Rope

Crampons

Ice tools

Approach Notes:

Fly

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the link, I will lookinto it because I have some nice pictures that I was unable to upload. I can't believe I can't find software on my MAC computer to save the file as a smaller MB size.

You can use the Preview application to resize photos. It's standard on all Macs.