For the ladies...

John Frieh

Question for the ladies or guys on this page who have purchased outdoor clothing for their girl (which yes excludes almost all of you :laf::grlaf: ):

Which brand(s) tend to fit longer torsos... i.e. are cut for longer torsos? Something that is cut long enough so that she can bend over without having the jacket ride up...

Or does any brand currently offer a 0/2 in either tall sizing or is just cut a little longer? I know Patagonia does an XL tall offering... what about an XS tall offering?

Would prefer an off the rack option and not getting a custom piece from beyond fleece, etc...

Thanks for not spraying all over this :wave:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that in pants you can order a long version (I think they call it tall) from Arcteryx, even in the XS range. You might not find them in the store, you may need to deal direct or special order through a smaller retailer that will do that kind of thing. Not sure about tops though.

oh man. This is always my problem. I'm 5'8'' and wear size xs or small. As blake said, not REI, mountain hardware, and also not duofold (however- i have noticed it's the short sleeved shirts that don't fit. Long sleeved shirts are fine).I have a Marmot precip jacket that fits me fine length-wise. Prana is also too short (which is a bummer cuz they have really cute clothes).

Patagonia fits me the best out of any brand i have found.

Good luck with your hunt.

Question for the ladies or guys on this page who have purchased outdoor clothing for their girl (which yes excludes almost all of you :laf::grlaf: ):

Which brand(s) tend to fit longer torsos... i.e. are cut for longer torsos? Something that is cut long enough so that she can bend over without having the jacket ride up...

Or does any brand currently offer a 0/2 in either tall sizing or is just cut a little longer? I know Patagonia does an XL tall offering... what about an XS tall offering?

Would prefer an off the rack option and not getting a custom piece from beyond fleece, etc...

i shop at tents-R-us...guaranteed to fit both GIRTH and length...

You shouldn't thank people in advance for a favor they haven't done yet, it's very passive aggressive. Might as well ask for the TPS reports done on saturday. And your welcome, although, I supposed I sprayed. Thanks for not minding this post!!!

Strangely, many of us with many differnt builds here seem to agree on Patagucci. Stuff fits great. On a slightly related note, Mountain Hardwear cuts the waistbands on their women's pants brilliantly, relatively low-rise, no bunching, just a really good fit.

Sorry, wish I could help more but I'm a L or XL.

You shouldn't thank people in advance for a favor they haven't done yet, it's very passive aggressive. Might as well ask for the TPS reports done on saturday. And your welcome, although, I supposed I sprayed. Thanks for not minding this post!!!

So how's the dating scene in SEA Mike? :grlaf:

So how's the dating scene in SEA Mike? :grlaf:

"no spray" is like "adult swim time" at the pool when you were a kid...

GIFT CERTIFICATE!

HI2U JOHN FRIEH. I SECOND THE FERNAL NOTION OF THE MIGHTY GIFT CERTIFICATE. THEN THE DAMSEL CAN ALSO PICK HER FAVORITE COLOR. KTHXBAI.

Good call kids though this isnt a gift... its outfitting for ice season... we went and she tried on some arcteryx but the most of the insulation pieces were too short in the torso... the shells fit fine (Im guessing due to the shell pieces getting a longer cut). I think we'll try patagonia next.

How does Montbell fit? Bueno?