Clinton....

underworld

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't think Bush's support of torturing prisoners of war is evil?

I think this has set us back a long way. I think it will end up (already has) hurting our nation. And if torturing is not evil (I think it is) it is at best messing with something very dangerous.

Perhaps it is the evolution of warfare, the next slip down an ugly path. Maybe history will consider Bush to be an innovator, a la our revolutionary solders and their adoption of guerilla warfare tactics. But it will still be a step closer to evil in my mind.

I'm not so sure the (mis)treatment of prisoners is anything really new for the US. It's just that we have media and openness and can find out about it. Just imagine what they do in Russia or China or Iran or...

However, based on what you define as "torture" - I include waterboarding but exclude things like sleep-deprivation, threats, etc, I am bothered by it. I like McCain's stance on the issue and he would know it best.

Do you really think his legacy will be mixed? Dude.....get your head out of the sand.

My advice to you is to smoke less weed, and try to develop an intellect... assuming it's not too late.

It is hard to hear people like you even give the slightest approval for this current dictator who calls himself Bush. Mixed bag eh…..mixed bag usually means a little bit of everything…….what has he done good? Name one thing.

That’s what I thought.

He has complete disregard for the constitution and supports illegal wiretapping, he also supports torture. He has thrown Habeas Corpus out the window, you probably don’t know that that is. Not to mention he admits that “money trumps peace”. What does that statement tell ya?

Oh yeah….did I mention he attacked a country that did not attack us….. and is pushing to attack another country that did not attack the US……so the big question with Iraq is……why are we there? What is the point of occupying another country? Germany occupied Poland to kill all the jews……are we trying to kill all the Islamic extremist? If so maybe we should start by moving our occupation to Afghanistan.

KK….how can you even try to sugar coat his presidency?

I am not blaming Bush for global warming…..but he sure as hell is not helping with it……

you think bush is bad, wait until the next asshole comes alongs. we are screwed no matter what.

i am so tired of hearing about global warming , if it is us to blame them we are all to blame. al gore is more guilty than most he is not really worth talking about IMHO.