Free wood

letsroll

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Rain.....I did a FA out on Friday (at the place) and did not drill any bolts.....just wanted you to know....that way you will think better of me.... :D sickie

Damn, what did you do to Kevbone?

Seriously, congratulations dude! Sorry to hear that your drill broke. :lmao: You have a trip report with pics?

well give up some details. Don't remember where Mountaineers route starts. ALmost went out on sunday, but cold rock and g-friend hands don't mix well. Putting points in the bank for when we head to smithie next weekend.

kev my afternoons are going to free up after this week. If you are up for gettin some. Would be good to learn from a master ;)

well give up some details. Don't remember where Mountaineers route starts. ALmost went out on sunday, but cold rock and g-friend hands don't mix well. Putting points in the bank for when we head to smithie next weekend.

kev my afternoons are going to free up after this week. If you are up for gettin some. Would be good to learn from a master ;)

It’s too short for bragging rights…..but is a better start for the Mountaineers route than the dirty corner to the left. 5.8 one move.

When is day light savings? I think is was supposed to be this last weekend…..so getting out after week will be hard…….

So I am looking for free wood to make the steps out of (old pallets). I will use the wood to hold back the dirt and use rebar to anchor the wood inplace.

When the Washington State Road crews replaced the guard rails, they threw all the old wood posts over the cliff. When the leaves fall off the maples, you can see them below the pathway. These are what I used for a few steps and belay ledges.

Also, I was thinking of using the spare tire's that people have thrown over for steps. It's pretty ghetto, but easier that hauling them out. With a little thought, they might actually look ok.

Good Luck!

When the Washington State Road crews replaced the guard rails, they threw all the old wood posts over the cliff. When the leaves fall off the maples, you can see them below the pathway. These are what I used for a few steps and belay ledges.

Also, I was thinking of using the spare tire's that people have thrown over for steps. It's pretty ghetto, but easier that hauling them out. With a little thought, they might actually look ok.

Good Luck!

Man, then all you'd need is an old porcelain toilet to plant some flowers in and a blue tarp to live under and you'd be set for life.

Ya right, if they are going to be responsible enough to put the butts in the toilet they would be responsible enought to pack that Sh$t out.

"sport climbing is already ghey enough. leave it to a sensitve sport climber to bring flowers to the table." What do you have against flowers? Flower hater....:-)

"Could be worse.....could be the sensitive ponytail sport climber man with flowers." what are you saying...I need a hair cut or something.

Pink, what do you mean sport climbing gives your brain a rest. What about difficult opening moves with a high first bolt? You must be wicked strong. Like so strong that the athletic nature of face climbing is just full on auto-pilot for you. Any training tips, hardman/woman? Cause I wanna be hard too.

Pink, what do you mean sport climbing gives your brain a rest. What about difficult opening moves with a high first bolt? You must be wicked strong. Like so strong that the athletic nature of face climbing is just full on auto-pilot for you. Any training tips, hardman/woman? Cause I wanna be hard too.

LIKE physically or LIKE mentally strong. i use to LIKE sport climb on LIKE my rest days man.

sorry, i like natural lines and placing pro is alot more mental than clipping a bolt.

i am really just being a smart ass and sorry if i offended you. it's just we live in a day and age where face routes get put up before the natural lines do and it doesn't seem right.

a long 5.9/5.10 multi-pitch route always stuck in my memory alot more than working some hard finger tweeking clip up.

:wave:

I here ya. I enjoy natural lines as well. I'm just tired, you know? Just tired of disciplines getting dismissed. Sport climbing is frickin' hard...Trad climbing is frickin' hard...or they can both be easy. It all depends on who you are. Moving over rock is one of my favorite pass times. I enjoy the over bolted Kevin Pogue routes at the City, I like throwing myself at the old school 5.10d routes at Smith...but my favorite route of all time is a 5.7 granite gear climb on MDI,ME called Old Town. ... since I don't establish routes, to me climbing is climbing.

I'd like to see an MRI (obviously impossible) of your brain (or mine for that matter) as you lead off of Bohn Street onto Monkey Space. I think you'd see indisputable evidence that you are indeed thinking.

cheers

Edited by backclipped

• 10 months later...

If you have been to Ozone in the last year you would know. I got the wood last fall but the weather was so bad I never got the chance to transport it to the crag then life invervined. Not been the best year for Letsroll. Now that things have settled down I have been thinking about getting the wood out there but the truck I was planning on borrowing has been in the shop for engine work for quite some time. When I can get it out there I am going to.

May everbody stay healthy and happy!!

Do the trail on the other side.

I was going to start on the easy stuff first and where it is mostly traveled right now. That other side will take a lot more work, you are basically going to have to put in an all new trail.

You are wrong on this on 2 counts:

1st) there is an existing trail there that follows an old game trail, it just needs to be graded better.

2nd) Digging a trail that's been stomped down is much harder to work. New dirt is easy to move. Really.

So do the trail on the other side. Much easier. Better bang for you buck. Don't need wood, a shovel, pick and a pair of good clippers. Do the far trail on the other side I'm trying to say.

Much easier.

Yes, do the trail on the other side. Absolutely. Shovel and a couple of buddies. No question. Thank you for listening.