Marriage

i_like_sun

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary.

We are perfectly compatible:

We go on vacation and she sits in the spa while I hike/climb.

She doesn't drink beer, so that means more for me!

I'd rather be in the mountains - she'd rather be at the mall.

She watches reality TV incessantly - Top Chef, Rock of Love, Top Model, etc. I can't stand that shit.

Kidding aside, we have all the really important things in common, and almost none of the the little stuff. For me, that keeps it more interesting.

:lmao: This reply made my day! I remember my dad quoting you almost word for word a few years ago.

My dad has a few intamacy issues, but he certainly did his best up until his wife left him. I think your last sentance was missing from their relationship however.

I just read this important thread and have a few comments:

First, even on ignore, Kevbone, Pink, and Seahawks are still fucking idiot clusters reappearing numerous times throughout a thread. Is it because the three of them are the only ones left on the site who are not ignoring each other?

Second, if you believe during your youth that marriage is a bad idea based on statistics or personal experience (i.e. your parents), you will either change your mind or not later in life based on emotion, rather than ANY rational argument.

Third, I have time for work, my wife, my friends and family, and very occasional climbing. How the hell do some of you have time for all of that AND kids AND spraying on CC.com?

do you still take care of your plant???

e-rock is right. to truly make a relationship work you have to make time for the relationship. other wise you are just roommates.

one of my dearest people calls it "tending the common ground" after watching this man be in a relationship with my best friend for the past 18 years, i think he is on to something.

First, even on ignore, Kevbone, Pink, and Seahawks are still fucking idiot clusters reappearing numerous times throughout a thread. Is it because the three of them are the only ones left on the site who are not ignoring each other?

Second, if you believe during your youth that marriage is a bad idea based on statistics or personal experience (i.e. your parents), you will either change your mind or not later in life based on emotion, rather than ANY rational argument.

Third, I have time for work, my wife, my friends and family, and very occasional climbing. How the hell do some of you have time for all of that AND kids AND spraying on CC.com?

gather around children, it's wonder boy story time.

gee, i think i'll go commit suicide because e-rock doesn't validate my post. life just isn't worth living anymore.

what would i do without your input e-rock? life makes sense once again thanks to you. your my hero, how can i ever repay you.

please put me on ignore, please.

p.s. good luck with your marriage, i hope you have the opportunity to grow old with your mate. some people aren't as lucky to find a soul mate. some people just aren't cut out for marriage. it would really be better if you did ignore me. as of now you are the first to be on mine.

Edited by pink

Marriage - such a quaint notion fostered in an attempt to raise the cohabitation and mating of humans above that of crude lower animals. I have my doubts all humans are rightly monoganous.
You think marriage was an institution foisted on mankind by aliens or something. It's common to almost every society. It's a reflection of who we are.

With regard to your monogamous statement, we as a species have both monogamous as well as polygamous tendencies. The former tend to outweigh the latter most of the time, but it's always there. We're all two-sided. It's what makes our lives so complex.

gather around children, it's wonder boy story time.

gee, i think i'll go commit suicide because e-rock doesn't validate my post. life just isn't worth living anymore.

what would i do without your input e-rock? life makes sense once again thanks to you. your my hero, how can i ever repay you.

please put me on ignore, please.

p.s. good luck with your marriage, i hope you have the opportunity to grow old with your mate. some people aren't as lucky to find a soul mate. some people just aren't cut out for marriage. it would really be better if you did ignore me. as of now you are the first to be on mine.

Ha ha….pink….you validate my posts…..E rock….if you cant say anything nice…..dont say anything at all…..