Dog Owners' index

chris_stolz

% chance that somebody whose lunch is being nosed by a stranger's dog is happy about dog's behaviour: 0

% chance that the rabbit or marmot or other wildlife being chased by Bowser is happy to be chased: 0

% chance that a climber is happy to have somebody else's dog sit on his/her rope, gear, feet, whatever, while belaying: 0

Number of better uses for a dog leash than for tying up a dog: 0

Number of better places for a dog leash than in owner's pack: one.

Odds that climbers, wildlife, the government, or other visitors to climbing or hiking area will be really happy to see dogshit: 3,000,000,000 to 1.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed!

I have pretty much stopped bringing my dog b/c he would bark occasionally at people walking by and startle them (as well as startle me). I love the little guy, but I am too embarrassed to have a dog do that. I am often appalled at how people are unconcerned with how their dog is affecting someone else's enjoyment of the area. :tdown:

Agreed!

I have pretty much stopped bringing my dog b/c he would bark occasionally at people walking by and startle them (as well as startle me). I love the little guy, but I am too embarrassed to have a dog do that. I am often appalled at how people are unconcerned with how their dog is affecting someone else's enjoyment of the area. :tdown:

this makes 2 people who care.

there are some dogs who deal with the climbing lifestyle very well and go lay down under a rock and nap while owner climbs. but they are precious few. like children if your animal is making noise and causing a disturbance... TAKE IT HOME!!!!!! and yes i do feel the same way about children. no one wants to listen to your dog or your child or your spouse or YOU (for that matter) pitch a fit.

% Chance you are a tool: 100

% Chance you left your food on the ground and the "Wildlife" is eating it instead of a dog: 100

% Chance the other 70 loud obnoxious climbers at the crag are disturbing the "wild life" more than the dogs: 100

% Chance you got in the way of the dogs nap spot to belay from a more comfortable rock: 100

Number of better uses for a dog leash than for tying up a dog: 1 - tying you to your car so others don't have to deal with you at the crag

Number of better places for a dog leash than in owner's pack: one - Shoved up your ass.

Odds that people don't give a shit about your stupid rant 3,000,000,000 to 2 (you and archenemy)

% Chance you left your food on the ground and the "Wildlife" is eating it instead of a dog: 100

% Chance the other 70 loud obnoxious climbers at the crag are disturbing the "wild life" more than the dogs: 100

% Chance you got in the way of the dogs nap spot to belay from a more comfortable rock: 100

Number of better uses for a dog leash than for tying up a dog: 1 - tying you to your car so others don't have to deal with you at the crag

Number of better places for a dog leash than in owner's pack: one - Shoved up your ass.

Odds that people don't give a shit about your stupid rant 3,000,000,000 to 2 (you and archenemy)

Bingo!!!

% chance that you replied to substance of post: 0

% chance that you substitute ad hominem argument for thought: 100

I love dogs. My climbing partner has one and we brought him with us last tiem we went out; no, I didn't leave my lunch on the ground; but every now and again it seems like Bowser oughtta be on a leash.

Edited by chris_stolz

% chance that you replied to substance of post: 0

% chance that you substitute ad hominem argument for thought: 100

I love dogs. My climbing partner has one and we brought him with us last tiem we went out; no, I didn't leave my lunch on the ground; but every now and again it seems like Bowser oughtta be on a leash.

The Tacoma's and Subabru's you and your buddy and 40 of your climbing buds drove up in scared way the wildlife long before the dogs showed up. Blaming dogs for chasing away wildlife when humans have roared up in SUVs and then tramped out a trail to a spot where they lounge around yelling back and forth all day is ridiculous.

As for the dog crap argument... the same thing is argued daily in numerous towns at public parks. This isn't a dog problem - it's a human problem. Just like humans need to lean to pack our their own crap in crowded areas they need to learn to pack out their pets crap in crowded area.

I agree that an obnoxious dog that growls or tries to steal your lunch should be tied up -- but most of the time you're more likely to meet obnoxious humans then you are to meet obnoxious dogs. If you dislike crowds and pets so much I imagine there are places where you can go where there are neither pets nor people.

Sounds like a reasonable argument. I love dogs…..I would never own one myself (cant take of myself, how could I take care of a dog?). I do not see the point of bringing your dog to the crag, how are they going to have fun being tied up? They should be tied up!

When a dog runs up to me with even the slightest growl, my first response is “am I going to have to kick the dog in the nose”? I love animals and would hate to harm another persons pet…..but if its him or me????? The dog is going down. How am I supposed to know if the dog is friendly?

I have friends with dogs…..seems like they never climb multi-pitch at smith…..what a shame.

I have friends with dogs…..seems like they never climb multi-pitch at smith…..what a shame.

All 4 lines

That is funny! When I go to smith I always warm up on Zebra Zion….my favorite in the park…..cant even think about not being able to climb that climb because of a pet. And its not just smith….really any crag….especially a state park.

Keep your ugly poodles and other sniffing, crapping, biting, growling, spraying pet canines at home. If your dog annoys me when I'm enjoying the outdoors, there is a good chance that I will throw a spear at it and then eat the mutt in front of you...raw or cooked, depending on whether I already have a fire going or am in the mood to build one.

136-22326.jpg

Here's your dog. Keep him away from me:

rainbow-poodle.jpg

UglyDog-small.jpg

See these people? They've got their dogs on leashes somewhere other than the wilderness:

862929.JPG

"Good Dog!!! Stay home!!!"

Hey Rain…..this is not spray….would you mind taking the pictures out of your post? Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Not spray? huh?

Oops, I mean...

% Chance this stupid thread is not spray: 0

You are funny….I truly wish is were spray, then we could rip all over it…..but until the mods change it…..lets keep it real.