PDX Gear sale+Free Beer+ climbing film

billcoe

I copied Kirstens post in events and put it here as the rope up discussion is about to inundate it there.

"SALE!SALE!SALE! Climb Max Mountaineering is having a customer appreciation party and sale!

Saturday October 13th, 10am - 10pm. Big discounts on climbing gear, music, free beer and more!! We will be showing a film about the Portland climbing scene by local climber Juan Rodriquez. Call if you have questions 503.797.1991. See you there! Cheers! "

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, that's their current loc (right behind a music store... or was it a ski shop???).

They were likely closed for Col. Day.

Was in there a couple weeks ago and was told they signed something like a 5 year lease so they are there for a while.

I get the distinct impression that they hate moving as much as we hate having to re-find them. :tup:

the couple of times I've stopped by there in the last half year or so (pockets literally stuffed with cash, ducats, cowrie shells, etc., desperate to exchange legal tender for climbing gadgets at my favorite climbing shop)...they've been closed. I just can't ever remember their odd hours. too bad because I really do like climb max. maybe I'll try to swing by this Saturday.

they're always closed on sundays and mondays....at least since they've changed ownership and moved to the 28th & Sandy location. The exact hours (usually 10am-7pm) are on their website.

It can be a little inconvenient for us Mon-Fri 9-5'ers if we're used to having our gear stores open on Sundays - but it's just a small group running the place now and I respect their need to have some time off to climb too.

Anyway, looking forward to this saturday.

Wow, these guys rule! I didn't get there till 7:21 pm and the parking lot was full of folks, food and beer. Bought some gear, quaffed some beer, said hi and then hit the bricks, but everyone else looked prepared to spend the night!

Side note: special thanks to the Climb Max dudes and dudettes for going the extra mile and getting GOOD beer.!

I'll try not to be so tired next year, hope it's an annual thing.