Home security systems?

pazzo

just wondering what everybody's using w/ regards to home security systems (ADT, Brinks, Voxcom etc...)

it's time i got one for the house, and have never really researched it. i used to sell ADT systems like 8 yrs ago or something, but don't know how they stack up nowadays.

price isn't a huge deal, and i would like something that's good. not those cheap ass things which only monitor 2 doors. i want doors, rooms, motion, panic, 911, and everything else one would want to protect their home and their belongings.

thanks

*i forgot to mention, i live in Vancouver BC, so i'm not sure if the US systems correspond?*

Edited by pazzo

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing but one BIG, black, barking Rott does wonders to send the message, "you are not welcome here"

We live on Tacomas East side (34th and McKinley hill area), and it is a colorful area. No actual alarm systems yet but Eventually I think well get one. But for now, 40 bucks a bag for food and treats keeps this one happy.

max.jpg

I think the general theme here is DOGS. Alarm systems are good too but costly.

I believe simple steps like not flaunting "bling", keeping shades drawn at night, clearing brush and obscuring vegetation, GOOD lighting, and common sense go a long way in keeping thieves away.

I like being able to have at least one car parked outside and I have made a habit of whenever we leave the house unattended to wave vigorously at the house as we leave...giving the impression there is still someone inside :)

I had an alarm system set up in my house. It was a pain in the ass. And, you get charged for false alarms by the fire dept or cop shop (I don't remember which one there was a false alarm for and I got charged $50). I disconnected it. I don't plan on ever getting another one unless it is a total top of the line with a butler included.

The dog doesn't need to be vicious. It just needs to sound vicious and perhaps look vicious. The deterrent effect is what you're after.

You might like to have friends over to your house one day. ;)

my dog max...big on looks but big on licks.

The dog doesn't need to be vicious. It just needs to sound vicious and perhaps look vicious. The deterrent effect is what you're after.

You might like to have friends over to your house one day. ;)

my dog max...big on looks but big on licks.

Don't you find his tongue chafes??