[TR] Minnehaha Fall Color Bouldering - Several 9/29/2007

spotly

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No not crowing. Just being logical. Until you hire a security guard to patrol Minne, (or something of that nature) you're just going to participate in an endless cycle of graffiti then sandblast for infinity.

My question to you is, Are the white sandblast patches more or less of an eyesore than the graffiti?

I say equal.

And no, I will not participate in a cleanup of Minnehaha. You couldn't handle my negativity at your happy, little, eco-buddy, Im a do-gooder, get together.

THAT'S WEAK MARTIN! DONNY BAKER'D BE THERE FOR SURE, SWEAR TO GOD...

• 3 months later...

I'm not sure what to say about Minni. I used to have tons of fun climbing there in the 80s, but even then the place was covered in graffiti and shit everywhere.

It's too bad. I know it's been scrubbed a few times, but it seems like a loosing battle without an armed ranger.

I was climbing at Minni a lot in the '80s too. Was living in N Idaho and just about every weekend spent a day there. One time I arrived and there was a dead goat dumped in the old parking turn out. Man that thing stunk...

I got my work out in anyway. Minni's just too accessible. Too easy for the jerks to find and defile...

If I was there I'd help you guys clean up if you could stop fighting long enough to actually get somethin done...

d

Hey...Most Spokane climbers are a nice bunch. The Spo. Mountaineers is a very capable, get things done group, with a long history of local conservation projects. But Mini IS just too close to the road; too easy to climb while drunk to hear those bottles go crash bang.

I always thought a little thoughtful dynamite could make the approaches to the top of the main face at least 5.7?

This from a guy who lived there for 13 years, and enjoyed Mini much.

Agreed. Spokane has a great climbing community which includes the Mountaineers. I'm still a member even though I work in VanWa and now only commute to Spokane on odd weekends.

The climbing community there, in partnership with private land owners and city/county (Roskelley) officials has done some really good things (rocks of sharon recently) to set aside climbing/hiking areas for the future. I believe that includes Minehaha and the improved parking and "facilities"...

Minnehaha graffitti is a problem for the ages. Sadly.

d