Hardscaping thieves in Ballard

dt_3pin

Some low-life douchebags stole the top row of a ledge stone retaining wall I built in my Ballard front yard this summer. They took the whole top row, which included the choicest cap stones :mad:

The value of the rocks isn't too much, less than 2 bills, but I spent a lot of fucking time setting them perfectly. Dry stacking ledge stones is a chore if you want a level, stable wall. Bastards.

I'm hoping they come back for the second row tonight, on account of me and the Takoons will be waiting.

Anyone else had experience with landscape thievery? Apparently, it's fairly common in Ballard.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was involved in a project in North Beach back a few years ago. These folks on top of this hill hired a sleazeball tree service (I've never worked for one, but they're all over) to cut down all the trees blocking their view. The company didn't ask questions like they should have and started cutting. The folks who lived below and actually owned the trees came home to find their hill littered with trees that had been whacked and left on the hill.

The company I worked for got hired to document the damage for the real owners then clean stuff up. The fallen trees were so far up a steep hillside we had to get a crane on site for 2 days to haul the trees and branches away. When we got going the folks above sent down this douchebag lawyer to talk to me. He told me to shut down because a court order was on the way. I told him to come back with the court order and a cop and then we could talk. The dude walked away and never came back.

After days of clean up we had to replant for weeks. Even after that the hill became unstable due to tree loss and their was a huge slide that buried several owners houses below. After that a geologist and some other construction guys got called in to stabilize the hill and we had to replant again.

That job was fucking nuts after a year and a half of very expensive work the folks who illegally tried to improve their view got sued and lost to the tune of triple damages .... a boat load of money.

Edited by Feck

That job was fucking nuts after a year and a half of very expensive work the folks who illegally tried to improve their view got sued and lost to the tune of triple damages .... a boat load of money.

That's crazy. Reminds me of when Judge Ferris from the 9th Circuit had a hundred or so trees whacked from Coleman Park to improve his view of Lake Washington. He settled with the City for $500K.

I was involved in a project in North Beach back a few years ago. These folks on top of this hill hired a sleazeball tree service (I've never worked for one, but they're all over) to cut down all the trees blocking their view. The company didn't ask questions like they should have and started cutting. The folks who lived below and actually owned the trees came home to find their hill littered with trees that had been whacked and left on the hill.

The company I worked for got hired to document the damage for the real owners then clean stuff up. The fallen trees were so far up a steep hillside we had to get a crane on site for 2 days to haul the trees and branches away. When we got going the folks above sent down this douchebag lawyer to talk to me. He told me to shut down because a court order was on the way. I told him to come back with the court order and a cop and then we could talk. The dude walked away and never came back.

After days of clean up we had to replant for weeks. Even after that the hill became unstable due to tree loss and their was a huge slide that buried several owners houses below. After that a geologist and some other construction guys got called in to stabilize the hill and we had to replant again.

That is a pretty wild story.

I've been through this whole thing before; not much fun. Ours was to the tune of stolen plants; my g/f's plants that line the north and east side of our property(that were gifts from her parents) walked off in the middle of the night.

I remember getting up in the middle of the night to get a glass of water, and I probably saw the lady doing it, but she looked like she had stopped to get something out of her handbag. Not too unusual, as the local light rail station isn't too far from our house, and we get foot traffic at all times of the day. Little did I know she was stuffing her bag with all of our freshly planted lavender. Pathetic.

Next time, hollow out a rock and put one of those GPS transponders in it, then if it gets stolen, you can track it and see where it goes to.

Radio penetrates stone?

thus the brilliance of my radioactive rockery-scheme! you won't need to spend extra money on electricity neither - you can turn the porch lights off, fucking wall is glowing bitches!

Its easy to stop these fools. If we had "Manatory Sentencing" in Washington they wouldn't be able to commit crime after crime and never spend a day in jail. Its the same people guys doing the crimes. Dont fool yourself thinking it was their first time. They travel from city to city and steal. Once they get caught the judge suspends their sentence and releases them. The judge claims "its only a property crime, no one was injuried." One guy I know had 7 years worth of suspended sentences that he never served, even tho the prosecutor read them out to the judge at sentencing. Its time to stop the insanity! Eat that you liberals! Remember theives dont care what race, color, creed, religion, political party, gender, or transgender you are. Its all about the opportunity and the Meth!

Our neighborhood is overrun with tweakers trying to fence landscaping materials. You can't walk two blocks to the grocery store without some scabby zombie desperately shoving a rail road tie or water feature in your face. Our community is practically under self imposed lock down. The methheads have started staging hot ceramic jockeys on my front lawn. I can't take it anymore. This is all because of habeaus corpus. Or the lack of it. Or both. Something must be done. IT MUST STOP.

Edited by tvashtarkatena