cc.com is now a recruiting office?

dt_3pin

WTF is up with the Go Army recruiting banner ad at the top of cc.com? I don't mind climbing ads on account of gear is pretty sweet and the site need funding, but military recruiting? I'm pretty sure that this site isn't the Army's target audience, as the posters are pretty much either effete Seattle liberals and chickenhawk Tacoma conservatives. What's next, Pottery Barn ads? Maybe McDonalds? WTF?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jon and timm@y can pay the hosting bills however they want imho.

"it's not what you think, it's how you think" the brainwashing starts early. if that game cd is like the one i downloaded a few years back it is a first person action shooter game. the army did studies during wwii that showed only about 10% of grunts were shooting at the enemy. by vietnam they had adopted the pop-up pop-down torso silhouette targets invented by the germans during wwii that did a much better job of conditioning recruits to shoot at people automatically and without thinking. the % of grunts shooting at the enemy rose to about 90%. these first person shooter games would seem to work in a very similar way (it's the same kind of game opponents of violent video games are up in arms about). getting kids to play these army games might be conditioning them to shoot reflexively before they even enter basic training. i remember a while back ronald reagan saying that young game junkies would make good fighter pilots when they grew up.

just an observation.