Winter is on it's way

AlpineK

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people are crazy...3 feet of snow, come on...anyways wait till you see whats brewing for next week.

"WATCHING WITH GREAT INTEREST AND CONCERN THE EVOLUTION OF A POWERFUL

LOW CENTER OVER THE NE PAC ON TUESDAY. HAS BEEN A LOT OF TROPICAL

ACTIVITY IN THE WEST PAC LATELY. LOOKS LIKE THE ENERGY FROM A

SUBTROPICAL-LOOKING LOW CURRENTLY NORTH OF THE MARIANAS WILL GET

ENTRAINED INTO THE UNSEASONABLY STRONG MID-LATITUDE WESTERLIES."

You people are crazy...3 feet of snow, come on...anyways wait till you see whats brewing for next week.

"WATCHING WITH GREAT INTEREST AND CONCERN THE EVOLUTION OF A POWERFUL

LOW CENTER OVER THE NE PAC ON TUESDAY. HAS BEEN A LOT OF TROPICAL

ACTIVITY IN THE WEST PAC LATELY. LOOKS LIKE THE ENERGY FROM A

SUBTROPICAL-LOOKING LOW CURRENTLY NORTH OF THE MARIANAS WILL GET

ENTRAINED INTO THE UNSEASONABLY STRONG MID-LATITUDE WESTERLIES."

I particularly like this part of that discussion:

THE STRONGER SOLUTIONS HAVE BEEN MEETING THE METEOROLOGICAL

DEFINITION OF A BOMB.

Actually, if you read the full weather discussion that this was from, here , they are more concerned that it will develop into a wind storm. Pineapple Express Death typically comes straight up from the southwest, forming over warm waters and bringing high freezing levels. This low would track (supposedly) closer to AK before coming to us. Coupled with forecast FL's of 6500', we could see some flooding but it should generally bring snow at higher elevations, nothing like the scenario of last Nov (thank god).

By next tuesday/wenseday we could be seeing this pacific bomb tracking just south of Vancouver island. Possibly 975-980mb, we maybe in for some exciting weather!! Gusts up to 65-70mph? lets hope. hehe

Get ready for a stormy October and lowland snow by november. All of this while the eastern 1/3 of the nation gets torched by record warmth. =)

Edited by XXX

All of this while the eastern 1/3 of the nation gets torched by record warmth. =)

Sweeeeeeeeeeet. Time to start donating plasma for another Whistler trip.

Someone start a letter writing campaign to get those gas-station tickets going again....

By next tuesday/wenseday we could be seeing this pacific bomb tracking just south of Vancouver island. Possibly 975-980mb, we maybe in for some exciting weather!! Gusts up to 65-70mph? lets hope. hehe

Get ready for a stormy October and lowland snow by november. All of this while the eastern 1/3 of the nation gets torched by record warmth. =)

All the pros are saying classic La Nina. In September the lowest average tropical SST (sea surface temperature) on record (57 years) was posted. This of course is an indicator of a very strong La Nina pattern.

We should be in for an exciting winter weather season. I hope y'all bought your passes early and stored up some time at work!

Given current currency exchange, I think WB is gonna hafta start some intense incentives to lure folks up. Though I see that on their webpage the Edge Card cost for Americans is significantly lower than Canadians'.

Within a toonie or two of the most expensive resort in North America. suckaz

Just check the terrain/average-snowfall/lift-capacity/vert to ticket-price ratio for any Eastern resort of your choosing and WB looks like a bargain at full-price, much less with the 1/2 price gas-station ticket deal.

Hopefully they continue the promo in 07/08

We should be in for an exciting winter weather season. I hope y'all bought your passes early and stored up some time at work!

i didn't buy a pass ... but i quit my job! WOOHOO!!!

Your my hero! Didn't you quit law school to =)

This low would track (supposedly) closer to AK before coming to us.

THE 06Z

GFS IS COMING IN AT THIS VERY MOMENT...SHOWING A DEEPENING 983 MB

LOW TRACKING FROM SEASIDE OREGON DIRECTLY UP PUGET SOUND TO NEAR

HOPE B.C.. THIS SCENARIO WOULD PROBABLY LEAD TO A HIGH WIND EVENT

ALONG THE I-5 CORRIDOR THROUGH WRN WA.