Wild Things Andinista

p_tapley

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, and jclark...I overlooked your reply, sorry...it's tough to say how any pack would fit based on your height alone; it's your back length that matters. I've seen plenty of tall guys with short backs and vice versa.

you can do two things, head to your local friendly shop and ask if they will measure your back length for you, or get a friend to hold a tape to your back. for plan B, have them find the top of your hipbone with their index finger and hold it there, then reach to your spine with their thumb. (the trick is to make a straight and level line between the two.) next tilt your head forward, then have your friend measure from their thumb (on your spine, at the height of you hipbone) to your c7 vertabrae (the one that sticks out on the back of your neck when you tilt your head forward - that is your back length.

wild things should have a sizing chart on their site somewhere, but since you asked, my back is 18" and I fit a medium just fine.

-cheers

More beta to answer a couple of recurring questions...

The price does not include shipping and is non-negotiable. Payment must be made by money order or cashier's check (personal checks will be considered, but you'll have to wait for your check to clear before I ship).

It's still new because I bought it for a trip that never happened, so it's just been sitting in storage, waiting. I've been using my old andinista and grinding it into the dirt instead. Recently, I got swagged out with another pack and just don't forsee any need for this one.

I did make two mods: you know the daisy at the back center on these? Well, I've always preferred to open the tacks on the top loop to make a large grab loop, similar to those found on the ice sacks (all the original integrity is retained, the only difference is you have one big loop instead of two small ones); the other mod was to remove the top, side-compression straps and replace them with ones that use side-release buckles to make things easier. Soooo...technically, I guess it's not truely brand new, but single-owner, zero-miles. fwiw, Dave's seen it and agrees that it is a new pack.

P9230054.jpg

P9230056.jpg

P9230059.jpg

P9230055.jpg

P9230057.jpg

P9230058.jpg

P9230060.jpg

• 2 weeks later...