Jaccuzzi on Mont Blanc, anyone?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the reason why many alpinists recently turned to Italian side of the Mont Blanc looking for place where you can still do something. And that something is stil far away from Megalodon Ridge or climbs Wayne112 or Colin does. :-)

It's a sad thing.

Looks to me like degradation of the summit. I feel sorry for all climbers who will go climbing and thinking that Mont Blanc is walk in the park. Hey, they had a jacczzy there last week!

Many people getting killed there because of misinterpretation of similar events like this.

Zoran

I totally agree, thats why I would take such pleasure in watching them slide down the mountain like the idiots they are.

Off topic, but a Russian Tennis star, Marat Safin, just recently left an expedition he was on to climb Cho Oyu. He had only made his first ascent of a mountain on the trek over to Cho Oyu. This just shows how publicity has changed peoples perception of climbing, cho oyu may be one of the "easiest" 8000ers but people still die there. I think this along with the jacuzzi business lure alot of stupid people to the mountains every year. I just hope im never around and have to try to rescue one of their asses.