[TR] beacon rawk - flyn'dutchman//flight-time/f'n-swallow/dod'melange 9/22/2007

ivan

yup, bill, the first pin is a weird looking orangish thing, but looked very solid - i'll be sure to let you know if it betrays my fat-ass this weekend :)

You may already know this, but a short refresher: even if JH checked it 2 years ago and-or reset it and it's perfect condition, be aware that soft iron pins are significantly weaker than hi alloy pins like Chouinard or BD. That is why soft iron Eurotrash tends to be left behind in the cracks, short lifespan. Chuck Wilts and Ed Leeper use to test that stuff back in the day by pulling stuff out of cracks with a hydrolic press. Won't hurt to back it up, probably be @ a #2 or #3 LoweBall size crack eh?

Not saying you're heavy or being insulting, but you just weigh a lot. :lmao:

Nice to hear the pins lasted that long.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beacon update for the day - it's damp bitches! had to settle for a run up the corner w/ miker in the occasional pouring rain w/ everything sopping wet - looks like it'll be a week or so before anything interesting is to be had - settled for an ordinary life by tottting 120 ozs or so of malt goddamn liquor along the way to warm up each belay - the peregrines didn't seem to have sodden spirits though as they were around and enjoying life - a hint of the season to come - nice n' cool but reached the top w/ a full head...

I hurt my arm bad, an elbow ligament thing: but did stop by anyway to see Joseph trying to solo FA a new route at Beacon in the afternoon.

Inspiring.

Then I came home, iced it, fell asleep like the tired old man I must be. Missed Ice Fest too. :cry::(

Can't even carry a gallon of milk with that arm today.....Glad this happened at the end of summer as I'm toast. I should have jumped on it when I had a chance Joseph.