Learning to Tele / and Tele Setup

selkirk

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have a Burton, it's still a good board. Not sure how many days you have on yours but after a while the side pins(yes you do have pins on your board) start to loosen up while in skin mode. Check out splitboard.com, it's a universal issue in the Burton interface. Mine still works, but it's got a ton of play in it.

I have about 35-40 total days on it. I only use it back country, and not the resorts. I agree though, it is starting to have a bit of play in the binding interface. I guess it will only get worse over time.

It just seems that the Voile is more cumbersome to put together with the slide plates and all. But hell, who am I kidding, I will eventually be riding a board with the voile interface sooner or later, unless they come up with something new/better.

my pins are girth hitched via cable to my binding, impossible to lose.

I don't need a paintbrush, the binding set up removes snow/ice when you slide it in automatically. The new Voile's are super quick to set up, yes it's only 5 minutes in powder.

My buddies must have the older ones or something, because they seem to fight with the sliders all the time. Maybe their boards are not set up right.

They discontinued Burton's interface due to copyright infringements on Voile's design. And the fact(documented by tons of users) that Burton interfaces break down after time.

Don't get me wrong, i love my Burton 165, but it's seen better days.

JL

Yeah, I was aware of the lawsuit from voile. Kind of lame, but oh well. Like I said, eventually I will be riding a voile, unless I can get my hands on another burton!

OK, thats enough splitboard talk hijacking the AT/Tele war.

• 3 weeks later...