Beyond Clothing 2008 Gear Sponsorship for climbers

Beyond Clothing

Hi, my name is Dan, and I represent the agency handling Seattle-based Beyond Clothing's 2008 Tactical and Technical Gear Sponsorship. I've requested permission from CC to post this on the forums so hopefully this does not violate any conduct code. If so please let me know and I will either edit or remove this post. But I wanted the forum members on CC to get in on the exciting news about, well, read on....

September 18, 2007

Beyond Clothing is excited to announce their 2008 Technical and Tactical Clothing Sponsorship Campaign.

Based out of beautiful Seattle, Washington, Beyond Clothing has been providing premier jackets, pants, pullovers and layering systems to outdoorsmen (and women) for the past 11 years, and as part of their new branding and line of custom-fit technical and tactical apparel, Beyond is looking for some outdoor enthusiasts to be gear ambassadors. Whether a mountaineer, ice climber, adventure racer, endurance cyclist, trail runner, fly fisherman, hunter, sea kayaker, et al, Beyond wants to team up with professionals and amateurs who understand and appreciate what a high-end, custom-fit garment made of Polartec®, EPIC by Nextec®, W.L. Gore®, and Primaloft® can do for them when turning around and going home early isn’t an option.

So what does it take to get in on the action? First, check out www.beyondclothing.com then contact us at the email addy below with the following information:

1. Pick out two tops, two bottoms and the Camber Layering System pieces you would realistically use (no one needs 8 jackets, okay!?) and abuse on road trips, while setting up the tent, frantically reaching for an ice ax, pounding out Mile #30, while signing up and cooling down after an event, taking a picture of your dog atop a snowy peak and while misspelling words about it afterward on your blog or site. This leads us to the next part…

2. Address of your blog or website so we can see an entry about your Beyond Clothing sponsorship effort. It can be one sentence, a novella or simply a link to this press release.

3. If you’re a racer or team, a list of 2007’s best results, and a realistic 2008 schedule. If you’re not a racer, how about a list your 3 favorite trips from 2007.

That’s it. Wait, there’s more. Tell your friends to do the same by the deadline of November 1, 2007. We’ll announce the selectees on November 15, 2007. Okay, now we’re done.

Thanks,

Dan

dkouba@rizencreative.com

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Beyond Clothing = climbing naked? It seems like kind of a "not ironic just dumb" name for a clothing company. Like at least Beyond Fleece makes softshells rather than fleece but a company named Beyond Clothing should be genetically engineering humans to grow seal fur or goat wool or something.

A legitimate business pops on to CC.com offering free shit and all you can do is be a twat?

WTF?

Isn't Beyond Clothing = climbing naked? It seems like kind of a "not ironic just dumb" name for a clothing company. Like at least Beyond Fleece makes softshells rather than fleece but a company named Beyond Clothing should be genetically engineering humans to grow seal fur or goat wool or something.

A legitimate business pops on to CC.com offering free shit and all you can do is be a twat?

WTF?

If you read the fine print it doesn't say they are actually going to give out ANYTHING. It just says that you have to 1) click on their website, 2) do a bunch of viral marketing for them on your "site or blog" and that sometime in November they might decide to give out some clothing.

Like maybe one jacket or something, to one person. Probably not you.

Viral marketing hype is still teh suck.

Thanks for the replies. I'm the homey at rizencreative.

No, I am not getting paid by the click. And yes, Beyond is serious about getting their 2008 line on the bodies of climbers, bikers, runners, kayakers, hunters, fishermen, adventure racers.... This is not one of those "you may have a chance to win a space shuttle flight" and then the company takes out insurance just in case someone gets one jacket. Beyond makes a full line of high-end custom clothing for the tactical and technical consumer, and there will be goods galore racing, riding, and relaxing around when the selectees are announced in mid-November.

Beyond will be purchasing online banner ads on several sites for the campaign. Jon just emailed me about potential sponsorship, too, so hopefully something can be worked out. I hope you take the opportunity to get in on the goods.

Sincerely,

Dan the homey

Edited by jon