Resoling Climbing Shoes

olyclimber

I know this has been discussed a couple times before, but post here where you take your shoes to get resoled. I know Ramuda just moved out of state (from WA), but you can send your shoes to him or drop them off still at a few places in Seattle?

I'll stick up at the top of this forum once we get the details here. If you have a phone number or address, add it in here.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent mine to Ramuta's in Montana (search for them online) at the beginning of the summer because last year I dropped them off there (in seattle), and they showed up in the mail just 3 or 4 days later. This year he got them back to me before I even paid for them. :tup:

I saw a advertisement for a place in Winthrop, but I don't know anything about it.

Dave Page, Cobbler, 3509 Evanston Ave. N., 206-632-8686, www.davepagecobbler.com

I've never had problems there, but some have made noises about poor customer service. Dave told me during the summer he has/had guys working on the rock shoes on the weekends. I dropped my shoes off Friday afternoon and had them back Monday morning. No shipping reqd. You might ask him if/when this summer thing is ending.

I had called Ramuta and was told the wait would be at least 2-3 weeks (that was about 6 weeks ago). That may have changed.

I'm super anal about my resoles. Nobody's perfect. Ramuta is pretty good though. I've only been unhappy with about one job in the last seven or so. Although I wish he would put thinner pieces of rubber on for better sensitivity. All in all, he's awesome!

Page's is weird, I've seen the most amazing work of all time and some work that so crappy, the shoes were virtually unusable. My theory is that if Dave does em', they rock. He can put a super thin slab of rubber that is of consisten thickness for uber senstitivity with great rand work. If one of his underlings does em', throw the shoes away. Just a theory.

I had a pair of approach shoes resoled recently at Dave Page. The first day I wore them, they started to delaminate. By the end of the day, about half of the sole had peeled. I bought some cement, and glued them back together myself. Just one experience though, maybe one of his underlings did the work.

Next time, I'll request that he does it.

• 5 months later...

http://www.rockandresole.com/

i started using these guys when i was in co. since i have tried mountain soles in PDX (not impressed), the Rubber Room (good work, but slower), and some cobbler guy in Idaho (can't remember who) and i will always use Rock and Resole. they do excellent work every time, quick service--even mailing them there you will have them back in i week or a week and a half, price is decent, have done rush orders for me at no extra cost, repairs, etc. these guys have my loyalty.

Fellas,

Just met james at CascadeCobbler and he's cool, and is doing my shoes on a couple hours notice. The cool thing is that he showed me the process, and even though its not listed he can use Onyx Rubber, which alot of other places dont offer. The prices are good too, check him out.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to chime in with some recent experience. I had my Katana's resoled at Rock and Resole in Boulder, CO. The cost was $39 including shipping both ways, with C4 rubber. Now, the neat thing is the time: 1 week, from when I sent the shoes to when I got them back.

• 1 month later...

My La Sportiva Mythos shoes are in desperate need of repair. I want to go with Rock and Resole, but am not sure which sole to order (this is my first time doing this). I basically want them to have the same kind of sole as when they were new. These are my choices:

4mm La Sportiva XS Grip

5mm La Sportiva XS Grip

4 mm Five Ten C4

5.5 mm Five Ten C4

Onyx thin

4mm XSV

5 mm XSV

Mixed (Explain in comment section)

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks. :)

• 1 year later...