What do you ride?

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends which day of the week it is.

I loved the Norton's but could never afford one at the time.

These days it would have to be these

6900-131506-d.jpg

These things do 5.10 edging no problem, very sticky.

But here recently I resumed an old addiction

Gixxer.jpg

pros

instant adrenalin, just twist the wrist

performance wise you RULE the road

fun starts right out the gate, no approach

cons

speed limits

drivers who should have never been given a liscense or a cell phone

no emissions controls, (waiting for the '07's to become affordable)

so much G's in full throttle first gear it will make you nauseous

I have a friend that had one of those. He kept it for 3 months before he realized he would die on it and sold the fucker. Cost him about 5 grand though on the drop in value and the almost $2000 repair bill when he failed trying to do a stoppie, or whatever the hell you call a wheelie with the back wheel coming off the ground.

Yeah I don't stunt anymore, age affects your fine motor control but I ride with people that do. The stoppie is the reverse wheelie on the front wheel. It's much more dangerous than the wheelie because there's no saving it if you go past the balance point. With a wheelie you can save it with decel or braking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBE9iAWStv4&mode=related&search=&v3

And then there's the all time heroes of motorcycle racing, the Isle of Mann TT, motorcycling's equivalent of the Indy 500. 37 mile circuit on country roads with stone walls and speeds approaching 200mph. A couple riders and sometimes even spectators die every year. But hey this is Europe where they take this stuff seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLt4bNVfj8E

how much are those things
Hey, Porter.

Where's that pic of the Big Balla's sweet ride? :laf:

I used to ride a "snortin" Norton 750 Commando, but I always wanted one of these:

steve-mcqueen-vincent-black-shadow.jpg

Nowadays, I think the new Guzzi 800 is the shiz. :rawk:

You should be legally required not to wear a helmet when jumping one of these over your local concertina barrier. Nice bike.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Quick question for you all: I ride on the back of a Honda Blackbird (CBRXX). Loads of fun, but when we hit over 105 my head gets forced back from the wind. I know other people that have had this experience. This bike was definitely designed for a single rider. I last about 1-2 minutes before my neck and shoulder starts aching. Any advice to reduce this? Besides getting my own?

What type of helmet are you wearing? What is the driver wearing? What shape windshield do you have? You shouldn't be having that much trouble at 105; especially since your odometer is probably off and you are probably only doing around 100. I have no trouble until about 120, and even then, my head gets more lateral movement than pushed back. Your aerodynamics are a little off and can be improved by changing some of the things in front of you and what you got on your head.

Just so you know: I come with the bike. Package deal. No A La Carte loving here. You can't have the bike w/o making a place for me.

;)

That is unless I got it backwards hmmmm

:whistle:

This bike is so bright it's hard to see me in the picture.

Harley Davidson 2003 VRSCA V-Rod 100th Anniversary Edition

Porsche designed fuel injected, 110 horse power engine - check

Dual overhead cams - check

9000 rpm redline - check

Liquid cooled - check

Counterbalanced - check

Belt drive - check

Dual front disk brakes - check

Rear disc brake - check

Hydraulic clutch - check

Hydraulic brakes - check

Cruise control - check

Security system - check

Lowjack radio tracking- check

Smooth ride with Harley feel at low speeds - check

Sounds and feels like a hot rod at high speeds - check

Handles well - check

Balances well - check

Corners well - check

Custom paint job - check

Pie pan wheels - check

Chrome - check

Comfortable - check

Sexy - check

Harley cruising capabilities - check

Ninja overtaking capabilities - check

Am I missing anything beside a real back seat and back rest, for safety's sake, for a leather chap wearing Way-Honed-Honey-Rad?!

:lmao:

Yeah, a little bit

A lot less than a full dresser and way less than those custom Big Dawg / Orange County Choppers style rigs.

I was going to buy a new Triumph and went into the Harley dealer to get a half helmet as the Triumph guy didn't have any. The bike caught my eye, got the back story from the dude, rode it, bought it right then and there. No questions, No doubts.

This bike is getting used. And I did not buy it to polish chrome.

Half helmet? I know it's a Harley thing (I never see Harley riders wearing a real helmet, but I do see quite a few of them gritting their teeth while they freeze their asses off), but it would suck to wake up in the ER to find your lower jaw missing.

As for loud pipes, mine save a lot of lives. I bought them because my stock pipes fell off. The Cobras were the lightest and least cantilevered aftermarkets I could find (not many choices for my bike), so I figured they'd at least stay on. They have, but unfortunately they turned out to be twice as loud as my originals. I might as well just go with it and get an air horn.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

As for loud pipes, mine save a lot of lives.

I'd love to see some non-vendor-generated data that supported that contention. I think it's mostly myth.

An air horn would be louder, could be directed forward toward any on-coming threat, not backwards like pipes, and wouldn't annoy the neighbors. If loud pipes were a great idea, wouldn't all bikes have them? Wouldn't someone be making noise about mandating them?

could be directed forward toward any on-coming threat, not backwards like pipes

Ya like I only hear these loud bikes once they pass...never when they are drving towards me its like a hybrid bike or something :rolleyes:

I crank the throttle on my duc as im idling behind you and you know im there real quick

As for loud pipes, mine save a lot of lives.

I'd love to see some non-vendor-generated data that supported that contention. I think it's mostly myth.

An air horn would be louder, could be directed forward toward any on-coming threat, not backwards like pipes, and wouldn't annoy the neighbors. If loud pipes were a great idea, wouldn't all bikes have them? Wouldn't someone be making noise about mandating them?

Um...the 'loud pipes' saying is meant to be tongue in cheek.