Infinite Bliss Topo - not a rant

Crillz

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In hopes of making a lasting resource for the masses looking for this topo here is the same topo linked at an alternate site

infinite bliss topo

Here's an alternate version

388128-garftopo.jpg

Approach: Drive Middle Fork Snoqualmie River road to five-car pullout 1.0 mile past the Taylor River Bridge. Walk ~1/2 block further down road to obvious trail leaving N side. Hike ~45 minutes to base.

Gear: 17 draws, 2x60m ropes, helmet

This is what it looks like from the base. That guy is on route.

base.jpg

... and what the heck, here's another one (same file) attached right here!

3788-infinite_bliss.pdf

Edited by chucK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a few questions for you guys regarding Infinite Bliss.

What type of weather could I expect up there around this time of the year? Where can I get a copy of the topo/ approach info? What is the best way to navigate the 5.0 sections, I am told its easy to get lost over that section? Thanks.

There is a ton of topo and route info on this site, also check out www.alpinedave.com for good beta on the route. His assessment of route finding and time commitment is very good. He said to plan on 14-16 hours car-to-car, and we hit it right on at 15 hours - that takes a lot of simul-climbing and simul-rappels, and there's about 20 double rope rappels (two climbers).

In answer to your weather question - we seem to be in a good sunny streak, typically August and September would be the best with the long daylight. As summer ends it still may require a dark approach and maybe even a late descent. enjoy!

:tup:

I have a few questions for you guys regarding Infinite Bliss.

What type of weather could I expect up there around this time of the year? Where can I get a copy of the topo/ approach info? What is the best way to navigate the 5.0 sections, I am told its easy to get lost over that section? Thanks.

Approach is 45 minutes if you are in-shape. 60 if you are not. You should simul the first six pitches in one up to the huge ledge. When you get to the 5.0 section..... veer to your right. Be prepared to downclimb sketchy 5.0 or you can rap/downclimb off bushes and branches. There is a 250 rappel. Have fun. This is a classic climb.

Alright, well thanks for the help. However the topo you guys linked does not say how to actually get to the climb. Where do I drive, where do I park, where do I hike? I dont suppose anyone would happen to have the GPS coordinates to the base of the climb? Thanks!

Edit: I read one post that said its actually possible to drive to the base of the climb. Somehow I doubt this considering its on a mountain, but does anyone know anything about this?

Lastly, is it possible to get to the climb in a car without destroying the vehicle? Thanks

Edited by SPL Tech

The great thing about this climb is you can drive almost to the base. The approach is only about 45 minutes. You can park about 50 down the road from the carrins/ trail head, or about 500 feet if that one spot is taken. Note....find the trail head before dark the night before if you are camping. It was not easy for me to find.

Here's what I know about the approach - and be careful what you wish for, young Luke.

Take exit 34 going east on I-90, just past North Bend. Crossing I-90 going north a mile or so, take the Middle Fork Rd. Drive at least 10 miles, city car OK; about 1/2 mile past the "Middle Fork Trail Head" (which is about ten miles past the Mailbox Peak parking area); cross a bridge and in just 100ft , turn right. Go about .8 mile to a parking area and a blocky creek bed, walk .3 mile (500 yds)passing another small turnout on the right. About 100-150ft past this small turnout, go left up into the woods - there may be even a cairn on the left. As you proceed into the woods you'll be on the left side of a creek for 200-300 yards. Then cross the creek (cairn?) and go up a steep ridge trail to base of the climb at 2200ft elev. - about 45 minute approach. This is an approximate GPS coordinate taken from TOPO; as I do not seem to have an actual for the base of the climb, but it will get you there. Datum NAD27; 47.54289N, 121.48556W - Ditto on the rappel gloves

Have fun. :yoda:

And be aware that this is a controversial route and if you're thoughtful you might want to investigate the ethical issues before you make the choice whether or not to endorse it by climbing it. There are many pages of chatter about this on cc.com but in short, it's an illegal, power-drilled sport climb on a mountain in a wilderness area. You decide if you care or not.