surgery on two limbs in a short period of time

marylou

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been holding off (procrastinating) starting up on water aerobics to give my wrist and ankle more time, but took my first class tonight. There were two other people who are obviously regulars who did the class at their own pace, and a very large lady who had special steps lowered into the pool so she could get in without using the ladder to get into the pool. She sort of floated around and chatted, but it beats the hell out of sitting on the couch until it's time to die.

Water Aerobics is definitely "go at your own pace" and I found my workout very challenging. I drank a lot of water out my bottle by the side of the pool, and there were things that really hurt my wrist and ankle that made me back off a bit, but by and large, it's a tremendous workout. Very challenging. If my classmates are any indication, it's not going to make me get toned or skinny, but the deep muscles sure got a workout.

It was pretty humbling. Very hard work. My abs are sore, and I reek of chlorine, so I'm off to a good start.