Which of your freedoms were taken away

billcoe

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the guy with the Bachelor's from Yale and the Master's degree from Harvard?

Do yourself a favor - google "legacy admission" and spare yourself further embarrassment. I mean, the guy couldn't even get into the UT law school (his first scheme to avoid Vietnam) because his daddy couldn't buy his way into a public school.

Extra credit for finding the speech where Dumbya himself - the posterboy for white affirmative action - calls for an end to legacy admissions. :lmao:

I asked this very question on the "Dolt" thread. Nobody had any examples. Just vague references to something they once read in The Onion or The Stranger.

Just for accuracy's sake, I posted a specific list of them on that thread, that included at least one reference to the actual legislation.

Not that accuracy is your strong point.

You mean the guy with the Bachelor's from Yale and the Master's degree from Harvard?

Do yourself a favor - google "legacy admission" and spare yourself further embarrassment. I mean, the guy couldn't even get into the UT law school (his first scheme to avoid Vietnam) because his daddy couldn't buy his way into a public school.

Extra credit for finding the speech where Dumbya himself - the posterboy for white affirmative action - calls for an end to legacy admissions. :lmao:

And what are your educational credentials, pray tell?

I asked this very question on the "Dolt" thread. Nobody had any examples. Just vague references to something they once read in The Onion or The Stranger.

Just for accuracy's sake, I posted a specific list of them on that thread, that included at least one reference to the actual legislation.

No. You did not. Re read the question. What freedoms have you lost?

That's all you got to defend your retarded golden boy??? Go use your infinite resources to find out where it says that it is as easy to gain admissions and then put your way through school (at an ivy league institution)until you reach your degree if you have lower mid-class parents, not someone who can pay whoever any amount of money they want.

Dude what are you smoking, Rove gave out a CIA NOC-listers' name to a media source cuz they spoke out agaisnt the admin, and bush let him off, you really think that Yale or Harvard would be busted for givin him a degree even though he didnt finish the work hahahaha Not to mention any smart person who cared about their Alma matter would never get a degree from both schools last time I checked Yale and Harvard are death rivals and they all talk shit about people from the other schools.

Ha, he has the right dad and the right connections so he must be smarter than me, I bet Caligula was smarter than me because he was the Emperor of Rome......when he was deposed his monuments were flattened and built over, just as this will be known as the worst administration in US history.

It was funny when family guy used the Kool-aid guy but you are a zombie fuck that follows whatever your retard leader tells you to. Make one coheirant intelligent thought come from your mouth and my head will explode, then you wont have to listen to me anymore, come on, i dare you!!!

Do you really think that anything a follower could say would anger me??? after all the retard has said??? Anyway I said my head would explode, i.e. someone u disagreed with would die/you would win, and all you had to do was express one intelligent thought and you couldn't do it??? ouch, and you aren't even worth a smiley face icon!!

The thread on fight or flight made me ruminate: has anyone out there noticed any of your freedoms were taken away ? What are they?

I usually don't get mired into the cc.com political discussions, but I had an instant thought the second I read this. What makes me nervous is the potential for freedoms I don't know are being taken away. I don't trust my goverment, and I believe in a healthy level of skepticism. Though most supporters of my government would simply label it as "paranoia".

Also, as far as my (or any of our) education credentials....it's ludicrous to ask of such a thing in a discussion such as this. Sure, lots of people are more educated that I am. The president should HAVE to more educated than most, but I guess that doesn't mean that he's smarter, though, does it (evidently)?