Partners desired

lisa

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Overheard this on at Yosemite...

"I'm gonna have to take you off belay for a second...the dog's tangled in the rope"

this appears to be problem # 784,154,415,001 why not to bring dogs to the crags.

so maybe saying i would kick a dog is a little overboard. then again so is bring one to crag....i don't see that many babies at the crag and they are just about the same thing. i mean in most of the rest of the world dogs are eaten......did america once again give inflated value on something.....

i think in the end it is funny how you all stick up for dogs, and at the same time curse them secretly. i am sure your dog has barked and barked and barked to the point of annoyance. cost you $k's for food, medical bills and et al. wasted money my friends. my bro with the parvo puppy lost a big chunk of his roadtrip money and let me tell you that cost me.......gas money.

Too bad Lisa, I think your thread has completely gone off topic, despite your effort to steer it back on course. That tends to happen around here. How was Seven Fingered Jack anyway? You're talking Central OR, right? I approached it from the east side in a near blizzard last October. I'd like to get a good look at that thing in friendlier weather.

Hear hear, Lisa! I love dogs, really I do, but if I want an alpine experience, I leave the dog at home. They scare away the animals, and crap endlessly. And I really do like the marmots, 'cuz I hang up my sweaty shit. I just heard from Doug K.- he's an alpine animal.

Hi Lisa-

Yep David and I took our girls back last weekend. We ended up doing Maude on Sunday. Did you get hit with that storm on Saturday night? It blew thru Leroy basin in about 45 minutes!!!!! I see you have caused quite a stir on this site! I can see the many invites for climbing partners. As for your dog Shasta. Well boys...that dog was quite enegised and I would invite it on any climb I was partaking in!!!!! Maybe Lisa you could put a pack on Shasta to shoulder your tent? Just a thought. Thanks again for the Pilsner Urquell at the parking lot and also the kind on the ridge. I would like to recipricate in the future. What route did you do on Glacier? Where are you going climbing this weekend?

Lisa...my mistake...this weekend you going after Glacier.....I got that off the books a few years ago....the hike from Kennedy to Boulder Basin is a drag...but well wourth it. Have fun. More about Shasta as I just read the previous BS from the Non dog lovers...tell the to Piss off...dogs in the backcountry are great..Nothing better than a Lab/Huskey mix. Smart and Strong....That dog can run and run. David and I sat around the fire Saturday night talking about how Shasta ran up and down the valley....followed us the North Tower of Maude approach for 20 minuutes than ran back down to the basin and up the other side...all before 7 AM.....put us all to shame. Have this weekend at Glacier!!!!

Lisa...my mistake...this weekend you going after Glacier.....I got that off the books a few years ago....the hike from Kennedy to Boulder Basin is a drag...but well wourth it. Have fun. More about Shasta as I just read the previous BS from the Non dog lovers...tell the to Piss off...dogs in the backcountry are great..Nothing better than a Lab/Huskey mix. Smart and Strong....That dog can run and run. David and I sat around the fire Saturday night talking about how Shasta ran up and down the valley....followed us the North Tower of Maude approach for 20 minuutes than ran back down to the basin and up the other side...all before 7 AM.....put us all to shame. Have this weekend at Glacier!!!!

Kennedy to Boulder Basin is a quick jaunt up, don't sweat it I've climbed it from Kennedy to the top and it's no big deal. should be a great time on Glacier, enjoy yourself Lisa, and maybe we'll be seeing you sometime!!Sorry I had to follow the thread and put in my two cents worth, As I do love dogs, just not in Natnl Parks, but on this site you've just got to follow the string wherever it's going(although I think I was addressing the original post as well!)

Take care,

Beck

Yeah, you gotta watch out for them rascally varmints. I didn't hang my pack and boots on the SE Buttress of Cuthroat, and came back to find back straps chewed up and the top 1/4" or so of both boots completely GONE! Didn't see the culprit, assuming it was marmot because we'd seen one a little lower down earlier in the day. On another occasion on Sahale Arm a marmot actually approached me and took a quick test bite on my boot WHILE I WAS WEARING IT. Bold little bugger.

As for the dog issue, I don't own any, I love dogs, grew up w/ them, definitely a dog person. I've seen some occasions where a dog was in the backcountry that probably shouldn't have been. That's more an owner problem than a dog problem. I don't mind when a dog comes up to me, tail waggin', slobber flowing, puppy kisses, jumps up on me, but you have to consider some people don't like dogs or are intimidated by them. I think there's a happy medium. There's lots of places that are appropriate for well behaved dogs. But there are a few places that Fido just doesn't need to go.