Mos_Chillin

I would be a  

90 members have voted

1. 1. I would be a

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my first post speaks of the U.N. and if they show up in this country i won't be the only one resisting. stop bringing up waco and ruby ridge, i an a up standing citizen and contributor to the community. i am not some hot headed conspiracy theory soldier of fortune with a huge arsenol. i only need a couple of guns (lots of ammo).

"'Arsenol'. When your freedom is threatened, don't sweat it." Available in spray or roll on.

Wait...what's that sound? Is that a Black Helicopter? Has ZOG finally come for me?

Edited by tvashtarkatena

we destroyed the un simply beacuse it was created to protect the world from powers like us. how are we to invade anywhere with this outside 'interference'?.character assassination, media propaganda, undereporting of positive achievements, all have made the united nations a taboo. anti-american. propaganda works!

such promise,

such shame.

The UN wasn't established to fight the USSR, or the Nazis, or the Japanese. The UN wasn't even formed until after Nazi Germany and the Japanese Empire had been defeated. And the Soviet Union was a founding member. The UN wasn't established to combat any country or group of countries. The UN was formed in hopes of avoiding a third Great War involving large numbers of industrialized nations bombing one another into oblivion. And in that respect it has succeeded fairly well, given that the world has not seen another version of the first two Great Wars of the 20th century. Has the UN been very effective at combatting internal civil strife in such places as Darfur? No, but it was never designed for that. Has it been very effective at combatting tyrannical regimes brutalizing their own people? No, but again it was never designed for that. But in the area of avoiding major wars between states, which is what it was designed for, it's had a reasonable success rate. It's certainly succeeded better than anything else we've tried in the past.

And the only people who talk seriously about the UN being intent on world government are Bill O'Reilly and his tin-foil-helmet-wearing fans.

The earliest concrete plan for the formation of a new world organization was begun under the aegis of the U.S. State Department late in 1939. The name United Nations was coined by President Franklin Delano Roosevelt in 1941 to describe the countries fighting against the Axis. It was first used officially on Jan. 1, 1942, when 26 states joined in the Declaration by the United Nations, pledging themselves to continue their joint war effort and not to make peace separately. The need for an international organization to replace the League of Nations was first stated officially on Oct. 30, 1943, in the Moscow Declaration, issued by China, Great Britain, the United States, and the USSR.

At the Dumbarton Oaks Conference (Aug.–Oct., 1944), those four countries drafted specific proposals for a charter for the new organization, and at the Yalta Conference (Feb., 1945) further agreement was reached. All the states that had ultimately adhered to the 1942 declaration and had declared war on Germany or Japan by Mar. 1, 1945, were called to the founding conference held in San Francisco (Apr. 25–June 26, 1945). Drafted at San Francisco, the UN charter was signed on June 26 and ratified by the required number of states on Oct. 24 (officially United Nations Day). The General Assembly first met in London on Jan. 10, 1946.

It was decided to locate the UN headquarters in the E United States. In Dec., 1946, the General Assembly accepted the $8.5 million gift of John D. Rockefeller, Jr., to buy a tract of land along the East River, New York City, for its headquarters. The principal buildings there, the Secretariat, the General Assembly, and the Conference Building, were completed in 1952. The Dag Hammarskjöld Memorial Library was dedicated in 1961.

lomo... mmmm lomo..

have you ever heard of homo joe?

homo.... way homo....

those were jokes?

I'd just assumed you were another republican voting, suburban living, gun toting, UN fearing, homophobic survivalist cretin.

don't forget the part how i love long walks on the beach .what is this matchmaker.com.

You're worried about the UN invading the US with a military?

:laf::laf:

Keep me posted when they show up.

:lmao:

i'm thinking more of a world goverment.

according to trashtalkingtina you'll know when they show , battering rams , explosives you name it.

Don't

ever

use my name to support your opinions.

The battering ram scenario I described is a standard police raid in the United States. They happen all the time and have been for years.

The closest thing to a one world government, historically, has been us.

You're worried about the UN invading the US with a military?

:laf::laf:

Keep me posted when they show up.

:lmao:

i'm thinking more of a world goverment.

according to trashtalkingtina you'll know when they show , battering rams , explosives you name it.

Don't

ever

use my name to support your opinions.

The battering ram scenario I described is a standard police raid in the United States. They happen all the time and have been for years.

The closest thing to a one world government, historically, has been us.

i would never use your name unless i was trying to make a mockery ya butt muncher.

ever heard the term "the sun never set on the british empire"?

britishv.gif

wouldn't a world goverment involve the world, we are a country.

Edited by pink

he's right you know. Not necessarily the feds either, the local cops will unleash holy hell on you too, just because they can. we live in a time of unprecedented obeisance to executive abuse of power ...

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2004-08-05/news/dog-day-afternoon/full

(from boingboing.net)

fuck, the party is over. guess i better tear down my meth lab.

The earliest concrete plan for the formation of a new world organization was begun under the aegis of the U.S. State Department late in 1939. The name United Nations was coined by President Franklin Delano Roosevelt in 1941 to describe the countries fighting against the Axis. It was first used officially on Jan. 1, 1942, when 26 states joined in the Declaration by the United Nations, pledging themselves to continue their joint war effort and not to make peace separately. The need for an international organization to replace the League of Nations was first stated officially on Oct. 30, 1943, in the Moscow Declaration, issued by China, Great Britain, the United States, and the USSR.

At the Dumbarton Oaks Conference (Aug.–Oct., 1944), those four countries drafted specific proposals for a charter for the new organization, and at the Yalta Conference (Feb., 1945) further agreement was reached. All the states that had ultimately adhered to the 1942 declaration and had declared war on Germany or Japan by Mar. 1, 1945, were called to the founding conference held in San Francisco (Apr. 25–June 26, 1945). Drafted at San Francisco, the UN charter was signed on June 26 and ratified by the required number of states on Oct. 24 (officially United Nations Day). The General Assembly first met in London on Jan. 10, 1946.

It was decided to locate the UN headquarters in the E United States. In Dec., 1946, the General Assembly accepted the $8.5 million gift of John D. Rockefeller, Jr., to buy a tract of land along the East River, New York City, for its headquarters. The principal buildings there, the Secretariat, the General Assembly, and the Conference Building, were completed in 1952. The Dag Hammarskjöld Memorial Library was dedicated in 1961.

Well done, MalCon. Murray is often fact-challenged.