Unidentified Peak(s)...

MarkP

I originally posted this in the newbies section, so I wouldn't waste space here... but it was suggested to post it here since it would get much more traffic. I appologize for this semi off topic.

I have been attempting to identify the mt/peaks, and lake, in this painting scene...

DSCN5598%20_2rsz_%20_3_.JPG

I was originally told at purchase this was of the Twin Sisters (antique store, probably clueless)... I wasn't convinced of this, and have been attempting to correctly identify for quite sometime (museums, art galleries).. I decided to try here since someone has probably climbed these peaks. I have very good reason to believe this group of peaks are in the Pacific NW.

One poster responded that they appeared to be the Hozameen group.. this very well could be.

Any additional opinions/responses would be very much appreciated.

Again sorry for the OT & thanks

Edited by MarkP

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks to be Hozomeen from the Southwest, from a perspective just S of Silver Creek and above the shores of Upper Ross Lake. Little Jackass Mtn in front.

Assuming all that is correct, then the peaks in the painting (in order) would be: North Hozomeen, Little Jackass, Point 7383, and South Hozomeen.

The Lake in the painting would be Ross Lake.