REI- Finally, it has happened....

korup

Yes, boys and girls, the inevitable has finally occured. The new Fall REI catalog DOESN"T HAVE A SINGLE PIECE OF HARDWARE ANYWHERE IN IT! The transformation to Eddie-Bauer-yuppie-GoreTex-yoga-grrll-style emporium is now complete. I want my freakin' membership fee back.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, boys and girls, the inevitable has finally occured. The new Fall REI catalog DOESN"T HAVE A SINGLE PIECE OF HARDWARE ANYWHERE IN IT! The transformation to Eddie-Bauer-yuppie-GoreTex-yoga-grrll-style emporium is now complete. I want my freakin' membership fee back.

You CAN return your membership! Ive seen people do it.

I love going in there and asking questions of the staff and watching some 55 yr old dude that is 55 lbs overweight talk about how he prefers Camalots to metolius etc....support the little guys...I buy everything but dehydrated food from Second ascent and Feathered friends...

Did you guys know that they even have some kind of ranger station in there? They're really only a clutch of snaffles and a pit toilet away from the Complete Outdoor Adventure Experience! Soon the REItes will feel no need to visit the highly inferior, crackaddict robber-infested backwoods, and return it to you depraved forest-raping primitives for the gratification of whatever sick pleasures you are addicted to.

Figures REI is just filled with a bunch of left wing wackos who think its cool to wear North face, vote for obama, shop at whole foods, listen to depeche mode (sp) and date gay looking guys with tight pants and spiky hair.

I bought all of my hardware, my last 3 packs, my last 2 pairs of boots, two sleeping bags, assorted clothes, and my last rope at PMS. -Mostly more serious gear.

At REI I bought my trekking poles, a lanyard for my work ID card, insect repellent, 5 boxes of Gu (25% off), a bandana, gloves (on sale), a 5-oz. capacity water bottle, a couple of slings, a pair of plastic spoons... -Mostly nickle-and-dime stuff.

Figures REI is just filled with a bunch of left wing wackos who think its cool to wear North face, vote for obama, shop at whole foods, listen to depeche mode (sp) and date gay looking guys with tight pants and spiky hair.

Now who's being shallow?

so true

I love going in there and asking questions of the staff and watching some 55 yr old dude that is 55 lbs overweight talk about how he prefers Camalots to metolius etc

:moondance:

"Jesus was a Capricorn, he ate organic foods.

He believed in love and peace and never wore no shoes.

Long hair, beard and sandals and a funky bunch of friends.

Reckon they'd just nail him up if He come down again.

'Cos everybody's got to have somebody to look down on.

Who they can feel better than at anytime they please.

Someone doin' somethin' dirty, decent folks can frown on.

If you can't find nobody else, then help yourself to me."

:moondance:

so true

Yes of course its true!! :cry:

filled with a bunch of left wing wackos who...listen to depeche mode...

What's with Depeche Mode? Was 1988 an atavistic low-water point for you? It's a stupid and much too personally obscure reference. Spit your self-dramatizing bile on something contemporary.

Edited by builder206

filled with a bunch of left wing wackos who...listen to depeche mode...

What's with Depeche Mode? Was 1988 an atavistic low-water point for you? It's a stupid and much too personally obscure reference. Spit your self-dramatizing bile on something contemporary.

You must be one of the wackos I was speaking about. hehe