Rope Up 2007

olyclimber

As always, cc.com outings are a true:

ropeup_dogs.jpg

Thanks all who helped out, and to the slideshow presenters.

I must say the tone is a WHOLE lot different than the tufflove fests at smith with the cc.com crew. Not as openly friendly of a crew...which seems to be very Seattle

That's my sausage in the upper right. Perfection like that was found all weekend.

Now about this shit about us Seattlites not being friendly?!

No way. I laughed at two of your jokes.

It was fun to see everybody there.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not as openly friendly of a crew...which seems to be very Seattle

That wasn't my experience. I feel lucky to have climbed, hung out, drank beers, and laughed with both new and old partners. And the weather was truly stunning. I didn't see any naked dancing on the tables, but then it was kinda chilly for that anyway.

But wait: there’s more. Rad wanted to see climbing pictures. I teamed up with Kurt Hicks and party for a low stress day on Saturday, and it was SPECTACULAR. Here’s Kurt leading a slab route (I don’t remember the name or it): Is this a 5.9 route that climbs a big detached block behind a tree higher up? A bit scruffier up higher too.

Ropeup2007_c.jpg

yep. It's "Cutting Teeth" a 5.9 on Domestic Dome. It was very recently retroed--there was still rock dust below the new bolts. I still think the last 2 bolts aren't in quite the right place, but I didn't put them there, so what can I say about it?

edit to add: please go back and remove the manky bolts that you left on the route. Also, although the old 3/8 bolt still seems ok, it might as well be pulled and replaced so that the entire route has new fixed gear on it.

Edited by kurthicks

I must say the tone is a WHOLE lot different than the tufflove fests at smith with the cc.com crew. Not as openly friendly of a crew...which seems to be very Seattle

Just because somebody from ELLENSBURG shot out your tail light.

Ropeup_2007_Kat.jpg

so what can I say about it?

edit to add: please go back and remove the manky bolts that you left on the route. Also, although the old 3/8 bolt still seems ok, it might as well be pulled and replaced so that the entire route has new fixed gear on it.

I think you answered your own question.

:lmao:

Just because somebody from ELLENSBURG shot out your tail light.

Ropeup_2007_Kat.jpg

Why is Pax always present for the shooting incidents?

so i did... :crosseye:

here's what the Good Doctor had to say about the festivities

Img_0999.jpg

Would that be the same guy who called us unfriendly? I guess you gotta know the secret handshake.

That's as friendly as I saw him get all weekend.

OKOKOK. I didn't go this year because I'm broken, but now looking at the pictures and stuff I really wish I had gone instead of staying home and going to Costco. Looks like it was great fun and of course the weather was stellar! I should have gone over and helped Porter keep the bench warm.

Okokok,

I'm just used to Ivan stirring the pot and Wherly passing out ontop of his tent.

Seeing Wherly the next morning after passing out on top of his tent was pretty good.

I also had a good time watching Rat encourage you to wake up Jeff H and ask him about an early morning ascent of Hyperspace was also good. :tup:

Soon after I started drinking off the keg straight from the tap, terrible things started happening all around. Right next to me a huge reptile was gnawing on a woman's neck, the forest floor was a blood soaked sponge - impossible to walk on it, no footing at all. "Get the crampons, Mike," I whispered. "Otherwise, we'll never get out of here alive. You notice those lizards don't have any trouble moving around in this muck - that's because they have claws on their feet."

Mike paused, listening for an instant, then suddenly began running toward the car. "You cocksuckers!" he screamed over his shoulder. "We'll be back!"

By the time we got the Camry back on the highway he was able to talk. "Jesus Christ! How did we get mixed up with that gang of psychotic bigots? Let's get the fuck out of this canyon. Those scumbags were trying to kill us!"

Soon after I started drinking off the keg straight from the tap, terrible things started happening all around. Right next to me a huge reptile was gnawing on a woman's neck, the forest floor was a blood soaked sponge - impossible to walk on it, no footing at all. "Get the crampons, Mike," I whispered. "Otherwise, we'll never get out of here alive. You notice those lizards don't have any trouble moving around in this muck - that's because they have claws on their feet."

Mike paused, listening for an instant, then suddenly began running toward the car. "You cocksuckers!" he screamed over his shoulder. "We'll be back!"

By the time we got the Camry back on the highway he was able to talk. "Jesus Christ! How did we get mixed up with that gang of psychotic bigots? Let's get the fuck out of this canyon. Those scumbags were trying to kill us!"

dogs fucked the pope! no fault of mine!

don't you fuckers know this thing belonged to the world bank? that money goes to italy!