Rope Up 2007

olyclimber

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm thinking I'll try and bring some firewood. I don't have a ton like I used to in the old days. Plus this time I'll have to load up firewood and bring it to Rope up via Spokane. I guess I'll end up staying in a motel in Spokane for a couple days prior to Rope Up.

Right now I'm trying to remember the lyrics and name of that country song that goes, "I'm stuck in Spokane in a motel....."

Somebody else should bring firewood too.

OK, I can let the cat out of the bag...Doug Klewin is going to be showing slides from back in the day. Doug (with Todd Bibler) was the first to climb Moonflower Buttress to the summit of Hunter, but also has done tons of climbing here in the northwest (including in the Icicle and even put a up a few routes at Index).

If someone has a regular (non-digital) slide projector that they can bring up, please let me know, we'll need it for Doug's show.

I wish we had that to burn. But we need you to bring some wood.

For the slideshow I have a lot of people who might be able to show.

The following are definitely showing:

Doug Klewin- I'll let others chime in about how cool this one is going to be.

Tony Bentley- If you remember his show from last year, Tony puts together a very entertaining collage of images and video.

Let me know if I can add your name to the list.

Question....never been to Rope-Up or any CC.com events for that matter, and planning on coming this year. I reckon I need to post for a rideshare, but how's the climbing shake out. Do I need to arrange for a climbing partner/itinerary ahead of time, or do folks just wander out from the campground and sort out partners/belayers at the crags?

Question....never been to Rope-Up or any CC.com events for that matter, and planning on coming this year. I reckon I need to post for a rideshare, but how's the climbing shake out. Do I need to arrange for a climbing partner/itinerary ahead of time, or do folks just wander out from the campground and sort out partners/belayers at the crags?

I will be leaving from Issaquah Friday after 1:30.

PM me if you can leave that early and need a ride.

I will be climbing 5.9 and easier and will be looking for partners.