Rope Up 2007

olyclimber

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, Beck was tarred and feathered by the cc.com mafia. In my opinion Beckfest was pretty cool however (except the raffle went on WAY too long) and I don't recall any of the "organized activities" causing Feck or anybody else to feel they had to restrain theirself. I think the "issues," such as they were, were mostly related to the way in which the whole thing was discussed (or not discussed).

Well, my bet is that idiotic things are going to happen regardless, I'll be there to do my part at least.

It would be cool for the evening to be relaxing...drink some beer, watch some slides, sit around a campfire.

I heard the idea of someone or some people bringing some musical instruments and playing a little around the fire at night....that sounds awesome to me.

During the day if people want to organize stuff (showing new climbers the ropes, a conservation/trail project, special olympics, whatever)I think that would be great too. All that stuff is optional, and if you want to just go climbing and enjoy the fine rock up there, then by all means go for it! This is a "For Fun" event, after all.

Well, my bet is that idiotic things are going to happen regardless, I'll be there to do my part at least.

It would be cool for the evening to be relaxing...drink some beer, watch some slides, sit around a campfire.

I heard the idea of someone or some people bringing some musical instruments and playing a little around the fire at night....that sounds awesome to me.

During the day if people want to organize stuff (showing new climbers the ropes, a conservation/trail project, special olympics, whatever)I think that would be great too. All that stuff is optional, and if you want to just go climbing and enjoy the fine rock up there, then by all means go for it! This is a "For Fun" event, after all.

Maybe Fejas can bring a boom box and play some Counting Crows!

ROOOOOUND HEEEERE!

Amber, it has been suggested that you are a male posing as a female looking for assistance in the climbing world in order to lure unsuspecting verile males into making fools of themselves online.

I hereby volunteer.

Seriously though, regardless of who you are, there will be people at ropeup willing to give you a crash course. Wether on climbing or internet etiquite, you will find what you need.

If it is climbing, PM me and I will try to help you feel welcome with pertinent information although most of it is in this thread. I have set aside Sunday to climb with newbies if anyone is interested. Also, there are usually other competent climbers taking newbies out on Saturday.

Bring your own shoes and harness. If you do not have your own, you can rent from REI or the Climbing shop in Leavenworth. It is a small shop on the left just beyong the Best Western (which is on the right). Kayaks in front. You can't miss it.

Maybe Fejas can bring a boom box and play some Counting Crows!

ROOOOOUND HEEEERE!

Who's bringing the nihilists?

Ropeup is RAPIDLY APPROACHING. Its weekend after this upcoming one, actually.

Jon and I are ordering a couple of kegs of beer which I'll bring up and tap Friday evening.

1. Remember to bring some firewood. I'm going to be hanging out at the campground all weekend with my fecking broken leg, so I want fire dammit.

2. Bring up some food, bring some to share on Saturday night if you can. We should try to have a potluck type deal.

3. Bring some slides to show...and post here if you're going to. I still don't know who is showing...I think Tony Bentley has got something to show...anyone else?

5. Bring something to drink beer out of in case i forget to get plastic cups.

2. Someone is bringing tarps and ropes to put them up with? I can bring Archenemy's tarps again, which I still have from last year.

7. Can some people step up and help me out with this stuff? Organize and what am I forgetting?

4. Can someone put up a few signs on the board at the campground entrance? Gropeup 2007 this Way, etc.

12. I'll be paying for the campground fee.

what am i forgetting