Soft Shell Jackets

wdietsch

cj001f said:

JoshK said:

Yes, which pisses me off even more considering they are a canadian company, so their prices should be less than patagucci et al if anything. Arcteryx makes nice stuff, but their clothing is priced ridiculously high.

Thre stuff is way pricey, but their GTX is about the same as others, or a little more. A $180 windshirt is almost twice the price of the Marmot Driclime. Admitesly Arc'teryx's stuff is sewn in Canada (which is more expensive than China, if only slightly smirk.gif) And there website sucks, but everyone's is starting too (like BD's new one)

its about selling more if you charge twice as much for it cause then all the status conscious yuppies wear one. they COULD charge basically cost plus ten but then they wouldnt be a MAJOR BRAND yellaf.gif and none of you scott'brandnames would own bird everything

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since my other jacket has gone MIA, I've been browsing the web to find a replacement soft shell jacket with no hood.

I'm really leaning toward the MEC Ferratta, but, wonder if folks who have tried some of the heavier Powershield garments think it's really much better for all around use or if there is a noticable difference at all (other than the price).

I tried on the new Pattagucci Core Skin which seems like a nice one, maybe a little warm for all around use. Found it on sale for $150 so that's not outa the ball park.

Also considered just getting one of those Arcteryx Skaha Shirts which is a Schoeller dynamic bare bones pullover and really light - 10 oz but at the same price as the patagucci, well, it's a paradox.

Too many options right now in the softshell market, maybe I'll just get a windbreaker from the Salvation Army. cantfocus.gif

Bronco said:

I tried on the new Pattagucci Core Skin which seems like a nice one, maybe a little warm for all around use. Found it on sale for $150 so that's not outa the ball park.

Hey Bronco ... where did you find it at for $150

wdietsch said:

Bronco said:

Hey Bronco ... where did you find it at for $150

right here - http://www.activeendeavors.com/sale.asp?sec=sport

free shipping and no sales tax, but no returns so you'd better be sure of the fit and can handle the nice flourescent green color. hahaha.gif

iain said:

I've heard good things from core skin owners. Be careful you don't accidently signal down a plane when you are skiing in that fluorescent thing.

keep telling me what I want to hear!

My mind was made up from the get go anyway, I just wanted to get some more justification so I don't feel so guilty buying another jacket while all my kids beg for lunch money. rolleyes.gif

allison said:

Dryskin and PS are totally different fabrics. I have the Ferratta and will be adding an REI One jacket to it in the fall. I think the One will be better for skiing and it's way more styling for wearing around town. yellaf.gif

...and it fits like a garbage sack... thumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gif