• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
MountainMan

Marmot Pinnacle/Helium???

Does anyone have any experience with the Marmot Pinnacle 15 degree down bag or the Marmot Helium 15 degree down bag? I'm primarily looking for a bag that will get me through the N. Cascade Winter. Any input is appreciated.

I have the Pinnacle, used it this winter in Oregon down in 10's-30's°F. The typical solid Marmot quality in a sleeping bag. I chose the Pinnacle over the Helium first because it was on sale and second because it has a draft collar which really helps me when it gets cold. Does weigh a tad more though, but it's still nice and light and has room for me to wear all my climbing clothes to just get up and go in the dark and to drop the temp rating down. Marmot does their best work in sleeping bags, IMHO.

I've got the Arroyo, which is the Pinnacle in a 30 degree, and it is rock solid, very nice bag, couldn't be happier. Would I buy the Pinnacle or the Helium? I think I'd pick the Helium with the knowledge that a bag this lightweight might not be the most durable piece in the world.

I'd buy a tarp and fill it with Llama wool so I can be tough [Cool] and super lightweight like Twight.

[ 09-11-2002, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: Cpt.Caveman ]