PDX Ice Festival 2007

John Frieh

Thanks John and Marcus and everyone else who put on the Ice Fest last night. :tup: A super fun time!

Here are some of the cc.comer pics I took. I went around last night asking people if they were cc.comers. I got a lot of blank stares and weird looks as if I'd asked them if they'd been abducted by aliens and could I see their implant. :o If I missed you, sorry. The people in the posed photos are cc.comers (i.e. someone who has an avatar whether they post or not.) Also a few pics (Coulior and Mrs. C's, for one, sorry) came out all black for some reason :(

Thanks to everyone who let me snap their pic! It was nice meeting you all :)

PIF_2367.jpg

PIF_2369.jpg

PIF_2366.jpg

PIF_2365.jpg

PIF_2376.jpg

IMG_2389.jpg

PIF_2391.jpg

PIF_2396.jpg

PIF_2404.jpg

PIF_2436.jpg

PIF_2437.jpg

PIF_2434.jpg

PIF_2385.jpg

PIF_2384.jpg

PIF_2383.jpg

PIF_2381.jpg

PIF_2382.jpg

Edited by rmncwrtr

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A HUGE 'GRACIAS!' GOES OUT TO EVERYONE WHO CONTRIBUTED TO HELP MAKE THIS YEAR'S ICEFEST A BIG SUCCESS! WE ESPECIALLY WANT TO THANK:

*MARK WESTMAN FOR A STELLAR AND INSPIRING MULTIMEDIA SHOW

*ROGER STRONG OF BLACK DIAMOND FOR AMAZING ROUTESETTING AND SHARING THE PSYCH WITH US FROM DAY ONE

*GARY AND KEN(AND ALL THE PRG STAFF) FOR COORDINATING WITH US AND SUPPORTING THIS ANNUAL EVENT FOR CHARITY

*DARIN, JOSH AND THE CLIMBMAX CREW FOR ROCKING THE DEMO WALL IN STYLE

*KIM, CHRIS AND RYAN FOR VOLUNTEERING TO JUDGE THE COMP - AND BILL, MICAH, MAX AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO VOLUNTEERED THEIR TIME TO HELP RUN THE EVENT

*ALPINE DAVE FOR CRANKING OUT A BEAUTIFUL POSTER

*AND ALL THE SPONSORS WHO GENEROUSLY DONATED THEIR TIME AND MERCHANDISE TO SUPPORT OUR CAUSE...

(IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER)

BLACK DIAMOND

CLIMBMAX MOUNTAINEERING

GRIVEL

LA SPORTIVA

OREGON MOUNTAIN COMMUNITY

PATAGONIA

PETZL

U.S. OUTDOOR STORE

WE RAISED OVER $750 AT THE EVENT FOR THE SOUTHWEST MONTANA CLIMBER'S COALITION TO HELP SUPPORT THEIR STRUGGLE TO MAINTAIN WINTER ICE CLIMBING ACCESS TO BEAUTIFUL HYALITE CANYON, ONE OF THE WEST'S BEST ICE CLIMBING RESOURCES. WITH MATCHING DONATIONS PROMISED, THIS COULD EQUATE TO ALMOST $2000(!) GOING TO THE SMCC. HELLZ YEAH!!!

CONGRATS TO SCOTT(ANCHORAGE, AK) AND MERRIDY(SEATTLE, WA) FOR THEIR WINS IN THE MIXED CLIMBING COMPETITION

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE AND WE'LL SEE YA IN THE HILLS...

• 11 months later...

I've just come to the realization that I must have missed 2007 but went to 2006 and retained the memory as if it was 2007.

Wow. I'm having an out of body, mind-blowing experience right now. I've never seen that infidel shit, and a bunch that stuff. How about some CC.com shirts at this years event so folks can be representin'.

I'm jus' sayin' is all.

Porter, give Wayne one, Marcus and John too - that should put it/ or you, on the map:-)

ps. my computer dropped the "r" off in "shirt" up there, it wasn't me:-)

Edited by billcoe