cell phones while climbing?

pink

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sitting outside the tent in the icy cold drab of the post sunset alpine. The meal just eaten sits like a chilled stone in the pit of the stomach. Another swig of water is forced down. Not out of thirst but obligation. To yourself and your friends who will rely on you soon. Loneliness. The air is noticeably thin now and dread of the impending sleeplessness brings on thoughts of home. Cool sheets and smooth skin. This is so stupid. Being here tonight. Then you remember. Fumble through your pack. The touch of a single point lights up the keypad in a pale blue glow. You take off your thick gloves just long enough to touch a sequence of ten numbers. They are well. She is well. You are well. All is now well. Tomorrow will be a great day on the mountain.

Sitting outside the tent in the icy cold drab of the post sunset alpine. The meal just eaten sits like a chilled stone in the pit of the stomach. Another swig of water is forced down. Not out of thirst but obligation. To yourself and your friends who will rely on you soon. Loneliness. The air is noticeably thin now and dread of the impending sleeplessness brings on thoughts of home. Cool sheets and smooth skin. This is so stupid. Being here tonight. Then you remember. Fumble through your pack. The touch of a single point lights up the keypad in a pale blue glow. You take off your thick gloves just long enough to touch a sequence of ten numbers. They are well. She is well. You are well. All is now well. Tomorrow will be a great day on the mountain.

I agree, if I have made the big comittment it soothes the mind to know things are cool so I can make smaller personal goals come to fruition.

Sometimes when I see people on their cell phones while out climbing I have this wild urge to rip it out of their hands and smash it against the rock. Huge pet peeve. Remember a whopping 20 years ago when they didn't exist? I know it's a crazy thing to imagine, but everyone managed just fine.

Sometimes when I see people on their cell phones while out climbing I have this wild urge to rip it out of their hands and smash it against the rock. Huge pet peeve. Remember a whopping 20 years ago when they didn't exist? I know it's a crazy thing to imagine, but everyone managed just fine.

Remember when people just minded their own frikn business..you should try it you may find life happier

Remember when people just minded their own frikn business..you should try it you may find life happier

Well, it is hard to mind your own business when some dude is 2 feet away from you talking on their cell phone at full conversation volume. I'll grant that that is annoying as hell.

i don't remember this.

It remeinds me of a comic on last comic standing who did a bit similar to this in one of his stand ups. he was talking about people in public using their cell phonesand talking really coud. he said that next time you see someone doing this stand right beside them and listen to their conversation.n When the guy turns to ask for a little privacy, you say"this is public. There is not privacy in 'public.' In fact your privacy is ruining my 'public.' i actually did see someone grab someone's cell phone. They did not smash t on a rock, but they did close it and refused to give it back until the owner agreed not to make any calls unless necessary. He was doing it righte below a group of climbers and one guy was trying to redpoint a climb he had been working on for two mon ths. I agree in this situation that the guy with the cell phone was completely in the wrong.

Funny they just ran a news story here on that issue...people are split on the issue but you shuold be able to do what you want save treating your cell phone as a microphone

Fuck that. How do expect to convince people to use public transport when you have to be subjected to a bunch of loud obnoxious fucks on cell phones?