two nuts....to start a rack

Knottygirl

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sort of like to be able to climb anything and not have to choose my ascent routes, so I just bring along a gas-powered generator, several hundred feet of extension cord, and a hammer drill, and leave all that finicky trad gear at home.

I helicopter in to summits, relax for a few hours, then helicopter back out to my cushy McMansion. I'd sort of like to be able to land on any summit without having to choose one I can land on though, so does anyone have recommendations for a lightweight explosive that I can hang off my harness to create a nice summit landing pad if I get there and there's no way to land?

roflcopter.gif

Seriously... what kind of expectations do you have?

honda = no maintenance, not a bad expectation.

Fine, drive a Honda.

I do. It's better and cheaper than a subaru. Except I don't fit in with all the cool kids in Seattle :cry:

i don't think your car is the problem, turd...

Seriously... what kind of expectations do you have?

honda = no maintenance, not a bad expectation.

Fine, drive a Honda.

I do. It's better and cheaper than a subaru. Except I don't fit in with all the cool kids in Seattle :cry:

i don't think your car is the problem, turd...

Did I leave your mom chained to the bumper again?

That's too bad :( Have a 93' subie (granted it is 2 wheel drive and gutless) that's chugging on 170k with no more than minimal maintenance. Maybe once a year something goes awry but it's usually reletively small.

So what are you driving now?

2000 Xterra with the V6 and most of the options. Hands down, best car I ever owned except my '79 Scirocco (RIP) and the Scirocco would not go most of the cool places the Xterra can go. Then again, neither did the Subie.

They are not light on gas, but my city driving's minimal and my car's usually got a bunch of people in it on mountain trips. If you're in that boat too, the Xterra's a great option. :tup:

For the orginal topic; I use BD #7-10 all of the time and wouldn't think on jumping on a lead without them. Did "fix" a couple of WC over the years. They do hold great, I'm just not into dispensible gear though.

I have a couple of DMM cams and am thinking about getting another one after having to run it out on a climb Sunday because of the lack of a double Camalot #2 size.

As for vehicles, go with a Toyota Pickup and you'll never be let down.