Nut tree bouldring area

sk

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will actually be visiting the lovely city of Vacaville as the majority of my extended family lives there. it is the first family reunion in about 11 years.

it is hot there ;) but i don't mind the hot. i am hoping to get a couple of hours in the evening to take the kids and blow the stink off of them and well maintain my own sanity :)

I will post if i get to go. The basalt boulders look great. with a ton of interesting problems.

• 2 weeks later...

i did find this place. it turned out to be right down the street from my uncles house. i could see that there were some really awsome boulders behind some fences. but i wasn't really willing to risk it with the kiddos in tow. the three boulders that were near the road had some interesting problems ranging from V-easy to V-holyshit. all in all despite all the broken glass and the 3 boulder problems covered in teenage rebellion puke... it was a fun way to spend a couple of hours away from my home crags. i would go back at sun rise and hit the boulders that were behind the fences.

Just saw this, probably too late for you, but I used to live in Davis, plenty of good problems in Vacaville. All the boulders I know of are on public land, but there is grazing allowed there too. I think there is info in the supertopo guide. Also I know there are folks at rockclimbing.com that have lots of info.