human powered approaches vs heli, planes, skidoos

dirtbagathlete

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Feck, my world doesn't revolve around my popularity on internet forums. In fact, I'm more concerned about getting on my next climb then sitting in front of a computer telling people like you how accomplished I am through a TR. I only come here to see what's new in the NW that I might have missed and post on even rarer occasions. It doesn't take long for the internet climbers to drive me nuts hence the 30 posts to your 7,000.

I imagine the reason you are so vocal against my posts is you're one of the fecktards that was guided to the top of Robson after landing at the dome, but then you would have wrote a TR about it. Those trips where you saved 2 days of approach by using a heli are pathetic. Man up and try doing a full climb for once.

Well I'm done here, time to go climbing. Enjoy sitting in front of your computer writing about the one climb you did this year so the whole world can see what a truly amazing hardcore climber you are... by the way your only TR about hiking to the mailbox... hardcore. I'm surprised you never used a heli for the approach. Now I see what you mean by, "quit yammering and post some trip reports of all the rad stuff you've done." Stupid finger climber, try ascending something other than your keyboard, then we can talk.

Yes the name mean's I'm crazy about planes (like I mentioned in the beginning I fly them) and it is also a play on words to mean I'm also crazy. I know it's a lot to grasp. I should really change it to something like "Feck" or "Shite" or "Itch" so someone like you can comprehend it.

Oh and fenderfour, the "fuck you" comment was made as a joke to show how ridiculous everyone else was being. Some guy raises a few concerns about the enviro and he gets told to "fuck off" by Feck and "fuck you" by gspotter, no words of wisdom or rebuttal just "fuck you"... brilliant.

Edited by justplanecrazy

Try looking in the photo gallery. You'll see I posted pictures of the Wishbone Arete that I did long before any time on the net. We did use cars to drive to the parking lot. I also made 2 other attempts on Robson also using cars to the parking lot at the base.

As for Mailbox you obviously know nothing of me that has been posted multiple times by many others that I know in real life.

Sorry Angry Frog, I didn't realise, that you were a fat poser. I just thought that you were lazy Frenchie. I shouldn't have ridiculed against you either way, it's obvious you need emotional support.

Honestly if you can't see the changes happening to our routes and climate, you're retarded. I used to trip out to Glacier National Park in Roger's pass annually. The pictures from 20 years ago are shocking. It'll only be a few more years until the Glacier isn't even visible from the road. Whether or not my car causes that is debateable, but the world is changing for the worse and we really need to start changing how we live.

You can't pull a fish out of the sea and not find lead in it, there are virtually no water sources without pollutants in it, almost all species of animals have been affected by population growth. Go take a run in China and then come back here and try and tell me with a straight face that we can continue to do what we're doing with no worries. The world is changing, use birth control and don't fly choppers to the dome!!!

Actually, I am retarded, and hugely fat....so, that's not very nice mister AND... In general, helicopters are poor style. ...but I have a feeling that when you or your buddies are lying broken in the mousetrap after getting hit by the quickly disappearing ice....that you won't refuse a chopper ride out.

This topic obviously is quite an emotionally charged issue for you and I am sorry that you seem to suffer so much from it...you must be very precious.

Just wondering....What do you actually know of the science? What exactly is your background regarding the actual science and history of this planet? Since you seem to know so much about everything, can you supply us with some research references? I'd like to have a look at your data. You've made some big claims... I bet I can find a lead-free fish!

What exactly is your thesis? I can't figure it out... It is either "Why I am better than all of you" or " Hey look everyone! Why is my cock so durned pretty?"

seriously though.... that's how science works....people make claims based on fact, not emotional arm-waving. Once they make a claim they then offer up that claim to the scrutiny of their scientific peers. I have a keen sense though that other than your dirtbag friend you are without peer. I've also no doubt in my own mind that some of the things happening to the earth are, in fact, related to human impact. But, before I make claims I try to have done some work to support my argument in a coherent and methodical manner. "Taking a run in China" somehow doesn't strike me as much of a way to do the science, call me justplanecrazy.

I am upset that our routes and glaciers are disappearing, but I'm a selfish bastard and I'd like to keep things the way they were so that I can climb the Diamond Couloir. But, I'm also not so worried about the planet, as it seems to chug along fine without my assistance...and unfortunately, the more I interact with my fellow man, particularly lately:laf:, the more difficult it is for me to have much sympathy regarding his plight.

My point here is not to discuss the science with you...I'd be wasting my time and that doesn't really seem to be your point. You reborn evanglical envirodoomsayers don't seem to have the time to for such trifling items like the Scientific Method.

Fortunately, the ice will be back someday....and there will be new mountain ranges with new peaks and new routes.... I guarantee it, just not in our lifetime...nor maybe even in the time of humans...but in the mean time how about we fly a chinook over to the junk yard and burn some tires? I'll bring some bacon.

I'm not defending individual actions. On the other hand I have used helicopters multiple times to save a 2 day approach brushwack and therefore a 2 day exit from a region where I went climbing/skiing.

I did share the heli flight with my partners instead of demanding individual flights.

Wow, such words of ignorant wisdom spoken like a true ass. A B212 burns around 400 liters per hour and a AStar 350 around 200 liters per hour. My car burns 7. When you take you're little 1 hour hop into the backcountry in a B212, you just burned the equivalent of 4 months gas in your car!!! But I guess that's the same as driving your car there... if you're retarded. Just imagine how much fuel is burned in a day of heli skiing.

An AStar in one hour can go 200km or more. So that's 1 km per liter . Now a big pickup truck gets about 6 km per liter and a loaded Subaru gets about 12 km per liter. So in terms of efficiency, you spend 12 hours driving 1000km to Robson, 1/2 hour flying in - which one burned more fuel in total? :rolleyes:

Oh yeah good job driving at 0.5 km/h too :laf:

Wow, such words of ignorant wisdom spoken like a true ass. A B212 burns around 400 liters per hour and a AStar 350 around 200 liters per hour. My car burns 7. When you take you're little 1 hour hop into the backcountry in a B212, you just burned the equivalent of 4 months gas in your car!!! But I guess that's the same as driving your car there... if you're retarded. Just imagine how much fuel is burned in a day of heli skiing.

An AStar in one hour can go 200km or more. So that's 1 km per liter . Now a big pickup truck gets about 6 km per liter and a loaded Subaru gets about 12 km per liter. So in terms of efficiency, you spend 12 hours driving 1000km to Robson, 1/2 hour flying in - which one burned more fuel in total? :rolleyes:

hahhahaha... thanks for coming out. Let me do your math for you. 12 hours of driving to Robson from Vancouver, it's only 660km's??? So 660 km's in a car would use about 55 liters of fuel. To shuttle a car load of people into Robson isn't 1/2 hour heli flight, They have to bring the chopper in from Jasper and then shuttle you in, so it's a 1.5 - 2 hour round trip, even though you're only in the chopper for 1/2 hour. It burns about 200 liters per hour so it'd be 300-400 liters or 7 times the fuel you burned driving all day from Vancouver to Robson. If you used a B212 it'd be around 14 times the fuel.

Choppers burn a ton of fuel, people don't realise this.

Avitipp I'm not a scientist and I can't provide you with a new profound thesis and I'm having a really hard time following your psychosis. Fortunately for you there are many out there that can and have provided hard scientific data about emissions. If you're arguing that burning fuel doesn't harm the enviroment, then maybe you should read some of their studies. Taking a run in China is a simple way for someone of limited intelligence, to discover the effects of fuel burn, that is why I suggested you to do that. If you want scientific method then pull out a book, I'm not a scientist.

Yes I'll use a chopper when logical but to save a day or two on approach is not a logical use and using it to avoid the technical difficulties of a climb is just pathetic. Choppers are a neccesary evil for some trips. You can still climb Robson without taking a chopper to the dome, you just need two more days and some climbing ability to do it. You can't climb Robson by hiking from Vancouver, unless you want to dedicate a year to it.

This guy asks a compelling question and the CC.com galley responds with the usual spray. Why don't you guys actually defend the practices or offer a decent rebuttal? The number of motorized users who access to wild areas grows ever year - in Alaska 10 years ago people couldn't snowmachine up to our ski huts - with the new powerful machines they blast in every weekend to party. It used to be you only saw heli skiers every now and then - now on a clear day the valley south of our (human power only) ski peaks sees a steady stream of heli-skiers from March - May.

Instead of shouting him down with obscenities try and think for once.

This guy asks a compelling question and the CC.com galley responds with the usual spray. Why don't you guys actually defend the practices or offer a decent rebuttal? The number of motorized users who access to wild areas grows ever year - in Alaska 10 years ago people couldn't snowmachine up to our ski huts - with the new powerful machines they blast in every weekend to party. It used to be you only saw heli skiers every now and then - now on a clear day the valley south of our (human power only) ski peaks sees a steady stream of heli-skiers from March - May.

When did trolls become compelling questions?

Properly price fuel and carbon emissions and all the "problems" become moot points.

they don't bring a chopper in from Jasper. The chopper is from Valemount - 5 min flight from robson.

You seem optimistic about Subaru mileage. Two tanks to robson and two tanks back is 200 liters. Same as for the flight. To get upset about the flight but not the drive is to be so upset about your "girl"friend's moustache that you don't notice her balls.

I can't post a link right this second, but there was a long discussion on NPR Science Friday back about a month ago that seriously calls into question whether or not biodiesel really works to reduce climate change effects. The interview was done with a reputable scientist not a lobbyist for a fuel supplier.

hahhahaha... thanks for coming out. Let me do your math for you. 12 hours of driving to Robson from Vancouver, it's only 660km's??? So 660 km's in a car would use about 55 liters of fuel. To shuttle a car load of people into Robson isn't 1/2 hour heli flight, They have to bring the chopper in from Jasper and then shuttle you in, so it's a 1.5 - 2 hour round trip, even though you're only in the chopper for 1/2 hour. It burns about 200 liters per hour so it'd be 300-400 liters or 7 times the fuel you burned driving all day from Vancouver to Robson. If you used a B212 it'd be around 14 times the fuel.

Choppers burn a ton of fuel, people don't realise this.

Avitipp I'm not a scientist and I can't provide you with a new profound thesis and I'm having a really hard time following your psychosis. Fortunately for you there are many out there that can and have provided hard scientific data about emissions. If you're arguing that burning fuel doesn't harm the enviroment, then maybe you should read some of their studies. Taking a run in China is a simple way for someone of limited intelligence, to discover the effects of fuel burn, that is why I suggested you to do that. If you want scientific method then pull out a book, I'm not a scientist.

Yes I'll use a chopper when logical but to save a day or two on approach is not a logical use and using it to avoid the technical difficulties of a climb is just pathetic.

My pschosis is a big problem, next you'll be making fun of my goiter and hunchback....can't you play nice?

To answer your question....I have read "their" studies. Have you?

But, here's MY thesis: chill out.

they don't bring a chopper in from Jasper. The chopper is from Valemount - 5 min flight from robson.

You seem optimistic about Subaru mileage. Two tanks to robson and two tanks back is 200 liters. Same as for the flight. To get upset about the flight but not the drive is to be so upset about your "girl"friend's moustache that you don't notice her balls.

I stand corrected, but the point is the chopper isn't neccessary whereas the car is. Sorry to hear about your girlfriends balls.

We are responding with salient points, albeit humorously. You just don't get it.

I can't post a link right this second, but there was a long discussion on NPR Science Friday back about a month ago that seriously calls into question whether or not biodiesel really works to reduce climate change effects. The interview was done with a reputable scientist not a lobbyist for a fuel supplier.

I've never understood why biodiesel is presented as though it's "environmentally friendly".